View Full Version : Moby? or not Moby?, thats the question....

sirius
18th February 2002, 10:23 PM
Now then, me old mukkas. How ya diddlin'?. This is either gonna be extremely easy or extremely hard. I thought of a tune I heard *once* on Pete Tongs Essential Selection wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in '92 somewhere. (you cant get drunk on a walnut whip - alright!).

As far as I remember (Im pretty certain) it was by Moby and it got banned/recalled for using illegal samples of one Micheal Jacksons records (Smooth Criminal or something similar). I seem to remember it being quite good, dispite the lack of piano (!).

I am convinced I saw it on a tape once - it was a compilation or album by moby and I didnt have enough money left to buy it (being a whippersnapper £10 was a crap load of wonga!). Nobody ever recalls it and it seems to have just vanished into thin air - or petey-boy got the artist name wrong........but Im sure I saw this tape before the recall.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
18th February 2002, 10:37 PM
WESTBAM 'NO MORE FUCKING ROLL 'N' ROLL' on SWANYARD 1992 banned pic cover

htfr will give you £12 for

i always used to confuse westbam and moby
both dwarf skinheads from across seas

sirius
18th February 2002, 10:47 PM
I dont think so, but i could try and find a mp3 somewhere. Not 100 sure (it was a long time a go) but it might have used the 'Are you OK Eddy' or whatever he's sayin!. Groovy bassline and nicely/neatly produced. Does this have it in??. The vocals were illegaly sampled and it was back when they were going ballistic and sending folks to jail etc for sampling on dance music - which reminds me, I must dig out that RavingImRaving and remix 12" :).

Cheers,

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
18th February 2002, 11:11 PM
you put on those blue suede shoes (adi gazelle's)
and go raving in memphis..............

hahhaa

jezzer healy hammered those micael jackson ripoffs
not a clue regarding moby

he's the best i've seen on stage by far

get on lasers, 'thousand' , a decorating table
and a crucifix shaped moby
and hey presto your in for a good night

v2000 he fecking rocked

nathan
19th February 2002, 11:21 AM
doolz will know it