PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dj??

rich225
4th January 2003, 01:43 AM
I am after a rave/breakbeat tune - All i can remember is that it goes bad dj bad dj bad dj on 2 turntables! the nthe rave sample comes in . Can anyone guess it from that? - Rich225

Mike
4th January 2003, 02:03 AM
Sounds like Mystery Man - DJ Business on Fokus Records

pacman
4th January 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by rich225
I am after a rave/breakbeat tune - All i can remember is that it goes bad dj bad dj bad dj on 2 turntables! the nthe rave sample comes in . Can anyone guess it from that? - Rich225

Lyrics are 'Better DJ, Better DJ, Better DJ on 2 turntables' mate :D

nathan
4th January 2003, 04:25 PM
this was sampled by midfield general. I always thought it said "gotta dj on two turntables." think the mystery man id is deffo

sirius
4th January 2003, 06:09 PM
I thought it said that too nathan bud.......

Biskit
4th January 2003, 07:08 PM
It's MYSTERY MAN by FOKUS contains the 'Shock the beat' piano

Biskit
4th January 2003, 07:09 PM
BTW its a w/label and the only info on it is as ive stated!!

rich225
4th January 2003, 07:12 PM
ok thanx guys!! i have it on one of my cds i got of alan rewind just have to take time and go through them all !! Thanks - Rich225

Mike
4th January 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
It's MYSTERY MAN by FOKUS contains the 'Shock the beat' piano

No Fokus is the label, the tunes called DJ Business and the flip side was called Love E

Biskit
5th January 2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Mike
No Fokus is the label, the tunes called DJ Business and the flip side was called Love E

Cheerz Mike, my copy is on a w/label, all it says is FOKUS, then MYSTERY MAN underneath!! I prefer the B-side, and now I know the name of it! Whats the 2 tunes that LOVE E samples, one is the metallic flanged/phased riff from Horse power, whats the luverly melodic sample from??

jonnyp
5th January 2003, 02:14 AM
I think the white came out with fokus - mystery man on it and people assumed that was the artist - title. When it came out proper it was mystery man - dj business on fokus records.....might be wrong tho??

I reckon it says "rather dj on two turntables" cos it sounds pretty clear (to me anyway) before the shock the beat piano drops in

jonnyp
5th January 2003, 02:16 AM
and the award for stupid prick who didnt read mike's post after he had already pointed this out goes to yours truly.

bloody shiraz wine does this to me!

:p

pacman
5th January 2003, 02:42 AM
Hmmm, it always sounded like 'Better DJ' to me and Id never considered otherwise.

Im now bloody questioning myself, gonna find the fekker an most probobaly listen to that particular piece about 300 times in succesion to get to the bottom of its cos these sort of things get right on my head and worry me intensely.

I suppose the above admission is not one to be proud of lol :S

jonnyp
5th January 2003, 02:56 AM
Just accept that you're wrong.....things are easier that way:D

And stop following me round the board you stalker :cops:

pacman
5th January 2003, 03:01 AM
Hehe, round the board???

Im outside your house MUHAHAHAHAHA

(ps - Its better DJ)

jonnyp
5th January 2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by pacman
Hehe, round the board???

Im outside your house MUHAHAHAHAHA

nah...your looking through my neighbour's window. Mine is the house two doors down with the red laser sight aimed at your bollox :cool:

Mike
5th January 2003, 11:49 AM
If you slow it down so the sample's at the right speed it actually sounds like "Baddest DJ on 2 turntables"

Actually it sounds quite good at this speed....... until the piano comes in......... ok, i'll shut up now.....

sirius
5th January 2003, 01:16 PM
Mike sounds like the winner here with the above. I was just gonna dig mine out and slow the tempo on my puter or sommet but I bet its that.......

Sirius.