PDA

View Full Version : early rave

osmik57
2nd September 2014, 01:08 AM
Please id
is it a dubplate?

laith179
4th September 2014, 05:14 PM
Might be white lable , dub plate came around about 1994 i think .

ie jungle .

groovesection
4th September 2014, 07:45 PM
I may be wrong, but the term dub plate simply refers to a test press on acetate, this is different from a white label or on actual vinyl.
I am sure some anorak will put me right though :p

kammie
6th September 2014, 07:19 PM
I may be wrong, but the term dub plate simply refers to a test press on acetate, this is different from a white label or on actual vinyl.
I am sure some anorak will put me right though :p

i'm standing under your umbrella....lol.

my understanding is that a dub plate is just a press on acetate for testing purposes. an intermediate media to discover how it presses and works. bloody flimsy things. nice to have thou. ;)

it's a cost thing, once everyone is happy as larry with the dub-plate/test press/acetate -- then the vinyl press will green light.

i always thought 'dub-plate' was coined during the very early jungle or drum and bass era.

it would be really interesting to find out exactly where, when and who actually coined the term.

retrospect
7th September 2014, 03:16 AM
i'm standing under your umbrella....lol.

my understanding is that a dub plate is just a press on acetate for testing purposes. an intermediate media to discover how it presses and works. bloody flimsy things. nice to have thou. ;)

it's a cost thing, once everyone is happy as larry with the dub-plate/test press/acetate -- then the vinyl press will green light.

i always thought 'dub-plate' was coined during the very early jungle or drum and bass era.

it would be really interesting to find out exactly where, when and who actually coined the term.

like a lot of early 90s hardcore / breakbeat / jungle culture, the term came from the Jamaican reggae scene via the large Carribean descendant population in London