PDA

View Full Version : a few charty numbers with hiphop beats and breakdowns

whatyadoinsucka
16th December 2002, 07:35 PM
I presume the missy elliot track thats hammered on radio one has robbed a sample from public enemy but which track is it from

the cowbells bit
nice and chunky beats

also on j lo 'block ' track where have they robbed the break in that

nathan
16th December 2002, 10:10 PM
missy elliot has nicked peter piper by run dmc. run dmc nicked it from a loungey funky sorta track called take me to the mardi gras by bob jones

the jenny from the block tune erm shit i'd need to hear it ...goes off to try and find it's kinda wicked and flutey. i wanna know as well

nathan
16th December 2002, 10:19 PM
Beatnuts' "Watch out Now." apparently originally used on a herbie mann track but i don't know which one

herbie mann:- hijack.

the vocal at the very start " children grooving, people producing, what a good way to make a living" is over sampled and is from heaven and hell is on earth by the 20th century steel band

wildpitch
17th December 2002, 01:12 AM
Bob Jones? I'll give you 5/10 as the titles right mate. It's the legend that is Bob James. ;)

BDP - South Bronx is the one that's obvious to me in the J Lo thing. Herbie Mann and Beatnuts are both in there too.

whatyadoinsucka
17th December 2002, 08:35 AM
cheers fellas

if it ain't public enemy it had to be run dmc

Mike
17th December 2002, 10:40 AM
GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR How can that f@cking J Lo tune slaughter so many classic records in one go..... absolute sacrilege....

doolz
17th December 2002, 10:44 AM
two peneth worth
BOB JAMES !! fookin class

gos off to play bob james - nautilus

note to self: must rememeber to download the theme from taxi

lastnightadj
17th December 2002, 11:11 AM
if your downloading some Bob James make sure you get Westchester Lady - ragged by Adam F on Circles

wildpitch
17th December 2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
if your downloading some Bob James make sure you get Westchester Lady - ragged by Adam F on Circles

And what a tune that Westchester Lady is...!