PDA

View Full Version : You got the love

ilovepiano
9th December 2002, 03:14 PM
Right I have a mix of 'Candi Staton - You got the love' on a tape from THE PARK from 1995. It's NOT any of the Hyperlogic remixes and it's NOT Erins bootleg mix.
Does anyone know what this one might be?

Cheers :)

Biskit
9th December 2002, 03:29 PM
Does it have the vocal in it???

The Park used to play a tune that sounded similar to 'You got the love', Its an instrumental type tune called ....

AUTOMATIC LOVE by KEY MOTION

ilovepiano
9th December 2002, 03:49 PM
Yeah it had the vocal in it. If I remember right it was from one of the "JOY" nights and it was from the UNION CITY RECORD SHOP PARTY or something like that.

Jonno
9th December 2002, 04:10 PM
I seem to remember the Morales mix got alot of play around that time.

sirius
9th December 2002, 08:21 PM
There was a rerelease about that time, which had a very emotionic sound to it imo. It had a thick white sleeve with a more detailed red rose on it.....I cant find mine, she's hiding from me -the little slut.

See ya

Sirius

Shooms
10th December 2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by sirius
There was a rerelease about that time, which had a very emotionic sound to it imo. It had a thick white sleeve with a more detailed red rose on it.....I cant find mine, she's hiding from me -the little slut.

See ya

Sirius

Wasn't this the Truelove remix ? Breakbeats, passionate vocals & sweeping strings ahoy ? Beautiful mix that :heart:

BRADDY
10th December 2002, 05:52 PM
the only one i have heard at park hall was
clifford williams feat k.leonard - u got the love.
it was on final phase records 1996.
it has the vocals in it which sound very sharp and echoy. it kicks into a massive piano riff.
took me ages to tack one down

hope that helps

ps do u have any park hall tapes. i have some to swap if your interested. got one blinder of a tape back from 96. it was one of those classic nights (one every friday of the month). it has mc domino it. some cracking piano tunes on there.

ilovepiano
10th December 2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks for your help people!
Braddy - I only have that one tape from The Park. I've no tracklisting for it, but if you want a copy I'll swap you for one of yours if ya want?
I'm back in Chorley at the weekend so I'll PM ya!

BRADDY
10th December 2002, 08:44 PM
will swap u for that mc domino (the best one i think) onE
cheers bud
BRADDY

pauly p
11th December 2002, 01:29 PM
Is it the Now voyager mix which used the piano from Rob D - clubbed to death. The b-side has a mix by Farley and heller which wasnt up to much. I got my copy around 1995/96.

Pauly P

Biskit
11th December 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BRADDY
do u have any park hall tapes.

got one blinder of a tape back from 96. it was one of those classic nights (one every friday of the month).

I have a quite a few from 93/94/95 if youre interested, with Mr. Meredith at the controls!!!

sirius
11th December 2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
Is it the Now voyager mix which used the piano from Rob D - clubbed to death. The b-side has a mix by Farley and heller which wasnt up to much. I got my copy around 1995/96.

Pauly P

I always thought the Source did it first..............can someone set me straight? Was Rob D released prior to that mix (I dont reckon it was unless it was a reissue of an old tune) or is Rob D a member or co-producer of The Source?. It pecked my head for months figuring out what where Id heard that piano style before and then realised it was on the Source from a year or two earlier..(?)

Cheers,

Sirius.