PDA

View Full Version : let the whole world know/wtyfgh

jonnyp
8th December 2002, 06:05 PM
just heard a mix of this on a vertigo tape and it's got about 4 mins of instrumental (which he slaps lisa stansfield over) before the normal singing comes in....anybody know which mix this is etc etc cos I dont think I have this one

cheers

Biskit
8th December 2002, 06:28 PM
Which one have you got JP? The Creed one in the 'Yellow ' cover (British) called 'wait till your father gets home' or...

The Italian Import of 'wait till your father gets home', which is by the same people, but If I remember rightly, has some slightly different mixes!

nathan
8th December 2002, 06:30 PM
release. slack records white label. If you mean the amazing ended when two different types of flute come in. i thought that was on every release

Biskit
8th December 2002, 06:32 PM
JP .....

Click here (http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7147&highlight=rhythm+foundation)

Biskit
8th December 2002, 06:35 PM
BTW the 'Creed' pressing is the original!!!

whatyadoinsucka
8th December 2002, 07:53 PM
just got 2 copies of this from hard to find

The Creed one in the 'Yellow ' cover (British) called 'wait till your father gets home'

£4 each

silly bar stewards

jonnyp
9th December 2002, 12:54 AM
I have the proper (if you can call it that) slack release from 95..defo had somet else years ago but it would appear to have grown legs and shipped out. I will rip a sample of the one I am wanting id'ing tomorrow hopefully.

ta

jonny

Jonno
9th December 2002, 03:31 PM
The original release of this is the "Italian" one - except it ain't actually Italian. It was made to look like that so they could charge an import price on it - check the vinyl, there's no stamp on it.

The 2 blokes who wrote it were actually from Blackburn. One of them was on here a year or so ago.

Biskit
9th December 2002, 03:36 PM
I have both copies, and Ive always thought the 'Creed' copy was the original, due to the fact they were British!
Cheers Jonno for that bit of info', I knew about the stunt they pulled with the Italian import, but didnt really know which came first, British or Italian!! If you can understand that!!

Shooms
9th December 2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jonnyp
just heard a mix of this on a vertigo tape and it's got about 4 mins of instrumental (which he slaps lisa stansfield over) before the normal singing comes in....anybody know which mix this is etc etc cos I dont think I have this one

cheers

I got this set too JP - wicked stuff from the man like Vertigo !

The piano instrumental is really nice - has a 4/4 beat if it helps identify the mix we are after - then as JP says Vertigo slaps the 'People hold on' pella over the top, cuts out & repeats then drops out the piano intsrumental leaving jus the pella & then drops the 'main' breaks mix with the vocals that everyone knows....

Which release/mix was it ? & does anyone wanna sell it ;)

jonnyp
9th December 2002, 05:11 PM
It's kinda like the piano dub mix but shitloads longer...

mixes it aint:

hard beat
heavenly roots (the flutey one)
piano dub
main original mix
inst. greatness mix
95 unblocked mix
7 inch mix

there surely cant be that many left to go at??

jonnyp
9th December 2002, 05:40 PM
think I will go twat myself now....it's two bloody mixes played after each other and not one dead long one. I read shoom's post and had to go have another listen after he mentioned the music cutting out.

It is the piano dub underneath lisa (I think) and then the bog-standard mix that comes in later

I'll go stand in the corner now, but can someobdy lmk which vinyl the piano dub is on whilst I'm there?

ta

jonny