PDA

View Full Version : 89-93 ID's Pleaze

barskit
15th November 2002, 03:22 PM
Curses. No luck with my last one but these should be easier for you.
1) This one must be well know. Very happy garage, nice piano riff. Vocal sings "on & on I find myself wondering why, do I..."(then spoken something like) "love... life". There's quite a sweet sounding tweety, bleepish noise on it.
2) In the early 90-93 NY style, very simple, warm, mainly one note keyboard riff that goes up or down here and there. It is closely followed, sort of copied by the bumpy bassline and has a female sample that keeps comin in, " anyway U wanna do me...a-a-a-anyway U wanna do me". Little bit of keyboard noodling towards end.
3) This is well obscure and I'll eat my trainers if anyone knows this. From 1989, house with melancholy, quite sustained synth
chords, and funky little snare breaks. A few quirky noises here and there in the background. brings in and out 3 female samples:
"ohh I like that, oh I like that", "I tell you, I tell you",
Mi-mi-mi-mi miss you, mi-mi-mi-mi-miss you".
:confused: :confused: :phones:

Francis
15th November 2002, 09:05 PM
Number 2 sounds like the vocal from "The Project - Out Of Control" so could be one of the mixes on the Vinyl, i think there are 5 in total

I'll have a listen when i get chance and let ya know

Fran

doolz
15th November 2002, 09:57 PM
3 hmmm do u have a sample
coz its very familiar
possibly a bones track

doolz
15th November 2002, 10:00 PM
does 3 have a bloke saying

"i asaid shut up"

and a bird moaniong

saying stuff like i like it

and "my puppy"

uses the seduction = seduction bassline

then its

bonesbreaks vol3 - frankies seduction

barskit
16th November 2002, 01:44 AM
Sounds promising Francis, tank you. Is that on DJ Int? No soundclips Doolz, my tape of this was nicked years ago, but its not the bonesbreak as I know these. It doesn't sound like him to my ears, and I described pretty much all that's on the track, there are no extra voices etc...:axe: :mad:

wildpitch
16th November 2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by doolz
does 3 have a bloke saying

"i asaid shut up"

and a bird moaniong

saying stuff like i like it

and "my puppy"

If it has those in it, could it be Jeep Style - If There's A Cure?

doolz
16th November 2002, 12:12 PM
yeah i have
jeep style m8
class tune
doesnt have the my puppy bit
and the bird has lot more to say

barskit
16th November 2002, 12:55 PM
Nice try, and indeed a top tune, but 3's not Jeep Style either even tho I haven't heard it for years