PDA

View Full Version : another advert tune

pauly p
13th November 2002, 05:54 PM
Also used on another advert but cannot remember which
(has a baby on a cliff overlooking the sea and says something like your in safe hands. Sort of a classical tune but not and has right nice strings and woman singing in foreign innit).

It was also used by Oakey on that famous Goa mix but cannot remember what was mixed into it and have lost the tape since then.

a bit vague

Pauly P

Jonno
13th November 2002, 06:32 PM
I don't know about the Goa mix but there was one that fits this discription he plays on Another World which I've also seen on an advert (can't remember which advert mind). The song is called Sanvean by Dead Can Dance who are a classical style group (obviously). It's an absolutely amazing track.

As a single it was only released on a French promo CD from 1994. It was also on the album called Toward The Within.

pauly p
14th November 2002, 01:09 PM
Cheers for that - sounds like this could be the one.
Was the album released on vinyl?
Cheers
Pauly P

Jonno
14th November 2002, 02:07 PM
Yeah it was - on a double vinyl job. This release is pretty darn rare though. I've found one but the seller is in Chile - I'll email you the details.

nathan
14th November 2002, 04:14 PM
then this site is a beauty www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk

found this on their

Government
MMR Immunisation 1999 Lisa Gerrard - Sanvean/I am your shadow

Edinjapan
15th November 2002, 12:03 PM
The dead can dance one took me ages to id, and is so beautiful it can make you cry!!

Good call guys!

Jonno
16th November 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by nathan

Government
MMR Immunisation 1999 Lisa Gerrard - Sanvean/I am your shadow Dead Can Dance are Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard so that would fit.

Edinjapan
16th November 2002, 03:28 PM
She did the Gladiator theme and has done something with Michael Mann (heat, Manhunter, Ali) recently.

Celtic murmerings!!