PDA

View Full Version : Sound Factory (Plymouth) IDs 1996-1999

Louk
13th May 2013, 10:02 PM
Hey all!

Have been digitally ripping a load of Steve Edwards old tapes for him from years back, and theres a wealth of tracks he and I would like to track down.

Sorry for the masses of IDs but some of these are pure belters.

Index of /soundfactory (http://www.compulzion.co.uk/soundfactory/)

All sets are from 1996-1999.

Stuff he was playing at the time = Crosstrax / A lot of dutch stuff / Spaceflower / Bonzai / Kosmo / Digi White / Deal / Caged etc...

Much respect

Louk

jyxz
14th May 2013, 04:11 PM
39 sounds like a Baby Blue mix?

Louk
15th May 2013, 02:36 AM
Nice one mate, it was their mix of Tin Tin Out - Sometimes. Thanks!

jyxz
15th May 2013, 07:30 PM
think ive got the 12" promo if you are after it.

Louk
16th May 2013, 01:41 AM
Nah I am ok mate, some of them have been found though so that's ideal, did you know any more?

Louk
28th May 2013, 11:48 PM
Bump

Louk
5th February 2014, 03:54 AM
A stack of these have been ID'd now (renamed all the ones that have) now just half of them to find! Any help hugely appreciated!

Louk

oldskoolranger
7th February 2014, 06:29 PM
s15 sounds like a mash up or remix of The Antic - Ultimate

oldskoolranger
7th February 2014, 06:31 PM
s24 i have will hunt it down.

Louk
10th February 2014, 03:31 AM
Good man, it's been bugging us for nearly 3 years now!

Many thanks!

Louk
6th March 2014, 02:52 AM
Bump if anyone knows?

adamb
7th March 2014, 06:15 AM
Good man, it's been bugging us for nearly 3 years now!

Many thanks!

Same here! It samples the words 'Dance bitch' doesnt it :D

Its on youtube but the guy who uploaded it wont say what its called, either that or doesnt know lol

Dance bitch! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVbOeg9aF0)

Louk
11th March 2014, 05:29 AM
hahah yeah mate, can't seem to find it. My mate said it's by JX he reckons but I can't find it.

adamb
11th March 2014, 10:14 PM
You could try asking on here, its all that Pizzicato house type stuff..... Not many English speakers I dont think but someone will probs recognise the track.

PIZZA NATION (http://vk.com/pizzicatostyle)

Louk
12th May 2014, 06:07 PM
Bump, if anyone has a clue!

TMNCFC1
23rd August 2014, 08:56 PM
I'm so glad that you've managed to fathom the Physical Motion - Mystery track - I've been after this little gem since the days of the Sound Factory (1997-98). Do you have any of the old mixes of Steve's that feature this track on it? I could only find the mix from the Monastery in 98 but he did another tape which featured the TDV's the Dawn, Mario+ More - All I Need, Dominator 98, Bassline - Acid is Back etc... - If you have a copy of this tape I would be sooooo chuffed?!

Louk
25th August 2014, 11:47 AM
Hello mate, glad to help!

I think you mean this tape:

https://archive.org/details/SteveEdwardsLiveTheMonasteryTorquay28091998

Has those trakcs (except black is black) and Physical Motion is the missing one on it.

These were all the tapes steve could dig up - he has some Dats / minidisc though that he will dig out for me to rip.

Nice one!

Louk

TMNCFC1
25th August 2014, 04:34 PM
Hi Louk

Thanks for getting back to me - really appreciate your help!

Unfortunately this isn't the particular mix/tape I was after. The tape was definitely a Sound Factory Saturday night mix because I remember Steve stating it half way through ...it started with Bassline - Acid Is Back ..then it was Human Resource - Dominator 98 ...The Shrink ...Moonman - Don't Be Afraid ...Mario+More - All I Need ...Klubbheadz v Sasha - I'm Still Waiting ..etc. On the flip it has Scoober & Sticks - Do It Like This ..Chopper - 7 Hours In A Bathroom ...etc. it also featured TDV's - The Dawn ...Physical Motion - Mystery ...Binary Finary which it ended on I believe?

I used to have a copy of this however it was pinched, along with a load of personal mixes from my car years ago - rather annoying!

Anyway, if you know of anyone with a copy of this tape, or perhaps Steve has knowledge, it will of course be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for your help!

Tom

Louk
25th August 2014, 07:13 PM
Sorry mate, didn't concentrate when I wrote that msg, thought you meant mixes from the monastery with it on. I have one sound factory mix with it on - it's not the same one sadly, would like to hear the tape though! Not sure steve still has it as he gave me pretty much all his old tapes.

Steve Edwards - Live @ Sound Factory (Plymouth) - August 1998

00' Funky Choad - The Ultimate (Tall Paul Mix) [FFRR]
07' Recall 22 - Subimos Juntos (Perpetual Motion Mix) [Champion]
12' Taiko - Echo Drop (Jonesey Mix) [Southeast]
18' Jonesey - Independence [Caged]
25' Tin Tin Out - Sometimes (Baby Blue Mix) [VC]
30' Mac Zimms - Feel What I'm Feelin [2 Play]
35' Spacedust - Music Feels Good With You [White]
41' D-Tune - Burning Down [2 Play]
46'
49' 2 Slags - Restless (F1 Mix) [Tripoli Trax]
54' Geoff Lawz Project - Sweat [Plush Plastique]
59' Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Nalin + Kane Mix) [Hooj]
66' Stone Factory - New Sunset (Groove Alert Mix) [Crescendo Songs]
71' Physical Motion - Mystery [Club Nautique]
75' Inner Sanctum - How Soon Is Now (Heliotropic Mix) [Malarky]
81' Subliminal Cuts - Le Voie Le Soleil (Way Out West Mix) [XL]
87' Paul Van Dyk - For An Angel [Deviant]

Got loads of his other mixes though from S.F and Monastery and club 97 mixes.

Louk

TMNCFC3
27th August 2014, 10:02 PM
Hi Louk
Had a bit of a mare with the site & somehow cannot log in with my previous username?! ..new created!
Thanks for the reply! This has 2 Slags - Restless on which also featured on the tape I was after & I believe it was slightly earlier than this in 1998 ..perhaps spring time? It was one of Steve's best tapes at the time - he must remember it - it was a banger!
It'd be good if I could download or somehow copy some of the old mixes from around this time if indeed they are available online, or through another method of sharing files? I loved the tunes from this era & always will. I still have over 4000 vinyl but have retired from DJing due to family commitments. My private email is [email protected] should you be able to somehow upload any files or use any file sharing program's? If Steve remembers this particular mix (I knew it as Sound Factory tape 4, although it could be just a random name one of the boys have it??) which started with Bassline, then dominator, then The Shrink, Moonman etc... it would be a step in the right direction, & if he knows anyone who may have a copy, I would be made up!
Thanks again for your help!
Tom

Louk
7th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Bump