PDA

View Full Version : ID: 91-92 Prog house and Piano tracks. Can you help?

kingofmycastle
26th October 2002, 03:30 PM
Hi, I've been backing up some old tapes to CD (This one by an old friend of mine, DJ Ben Krolick) and need to know the names of these tracks. I'd appreciate all your help. Here are the tracks with some features, the more instrumental ones I'll put to mp3 sample soon for you to try and work out. All of these should be 91-92. Hope you can help! Here goes:

track 10: femail spoken vocal "We're prisoners of extacy" - piano stabs

track 12: femail vocal "Such a sweet sensation, makes me feel so weak, makes me wanna do the things, a girls not supposed to do"

track 13: A bit of a hard classic - femail vocal "I cant stop the feeling" & "Cant stop the feeling - I just cant stop, no" repeated through the song.

track 14: Starts with air raid siren, then a great bassline, drums and then piano (sorry, cant be more specific!)

track 16: Very dancey - Young Femail vocal "Ba ba did did diddy loo diddy loo diddy"

track 19: Depeche mode - How does it feel. A remix with a male "go go go" shout. What remix?

track 21: male vocal shout "Kick It Over Here Baby Pops!"

Well thats just half of them. All help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JK..

Biskit
26th October 2002, 03:46 PM
10 - 'House Hallucinates - Prisoners of Extacy'

13 - 'Evolution - Metropolis'

16 - This is a guess!! Joy Salinas - Rockin Romance

pacman
26th October 2002, 04:19 PM
I aint questioning ya Biskit fella, cos me id'ing skills are dunce stylee compare lol but couldnt 13 be Love Revolution - Give it to Me Baby????

jonnyp
26th October 2002, 04:39 PM
wasnt it electroset that did a remake of "how does it feel?" ?

jonny

kingofmycastle
26th October 2002, 05:31 PM
Cheers Guys! This is a BIG help! I'll let you know if I work out any more and also confirm your selections.

As an aside point: I've just downloaded WinXP to see if I can find these tunes and confirm they are the ones. But its not throwing up much progressive house. Can you suggest anywhere I can listen to snippets of these kind of tunes? Then I can confirm for sure.

Thanks again!

JK..

pacman
26th October 2002, 05:39 PM
Reet, get onto soulseek mate:

Soulseek (http://www.slsk.org/)

When youve got it downloaded and are on, type oldskool on the room menu (bottom right hand corner) and click on it.

You will then have people with oldskool tuenage to share. Gimme a shout if you need any help with it.

kingofmycastle
26th October 2002, 05:53 PM
Cheers, I've downloaded Soulseek and will let you know what happens.

And just to let you know it was New Order not Depeche Mode with 'How Does It Feel', doh! And it is indeed the Electroset version. Thanks.

JK..

kingofmycastle
26th October 2002, 06:25 PM
Soulseek seemed a bit hard to use and the searches didn't work. But I asked for a tune and manually searched somebodys Files and found it. Downloading now. Does the search sometimes not work? Sorry, probably have to take this to the Soulseek forum. Cheers anyway!

JK..

kingofmycastle
26th October 2002, 06:57 PM
Track 13 is Evolution & Sasha - Metropolis. Thanks Biskit!!

jamie_crichton
26th October 2002, 07:05 PM
kingofmycastle get urself in the oldskool 88-92 room u'll be amased at whats u can find. just ask about...

c ya

J

whatyadoinsucka
26th October 2002, 07:05 PM
track 14: Starts with air raid siren, then a great bassline, drums and then piano (sorry, cant be more specific!)

jungle brothers 'i'll house you'

or could be many other us house style

todd t eh.........

Here's Johnny
26th October 2002, 10:22 PM
12 is Lori Glori - My Body and Soul (BMG, 1992)

Haven't heard this one in ages - has a very nice piano break.

lastnightadj
27th October 2002, 07:48 AM
track 21: male vocal shout "Kick It Over Here Baby Pops!"

I think that this is the Beastie Boys sample - the tune could be one of Fabi Paras old tunes - that used this samploe and was called Babypop - I think that it might have been on the b-side of the original release of Tall n Handsome by Outrage on Junk Rocj records

kingofmycastle
27th October 2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
16 - This is a guess!! Joy Salinas - Rockin Romance

Hi! Its not that tune unfortunatly. I see what you mean with the bup-bup-ba-ba's.

MP3s will be here soon!

Cheers!

JK..

kingofmycastle
28th October 2002, 03:44 PM
Hi! All the mp3s are now up at my site. God, there's so many of them. But please take a listen to a few. I'd really appreciate some of these to be ID'd.

http://www.kingofmycastle.freeserve.co.uk/mindex.htm

Cheers in advance!

JK..

jonnyp
28th October 2002, 04:16 PM
jd06 is systematic - dancing the while night on remarque

jonny

kingofmycastle
28th October 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jonnyp
jd06 is systematic - dancing the while night on remarque

jonny

Cheers Man! That's one of my favourites of the bunch!

JK..

Biskit
28th October 2002, 04:29 PM
Track 6 in the 1st lot of tracks is defo'....

PRISONERS OF EXTACY - HOUSE HALLUCINATES

kingofmycastle
28th October 2002, 06:21 PM
Cheers! I've updated the info on my site. Good IDs chaps! Fully appreciated.

JK..

Here's Johnny
29th October 2002, 08:24 PM
The Track 8 on your site is different from the version I've got of the Lori Glor tune - seems to be a different vocalist.

The 12" I've got sounds more like Jaydee/Elisa-Love Vibrations.