PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza Old Skool tuneage for ID please! :-)

Tailandia
9th October 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi everyone,first post and tune to ID on the site,let's hope it goes well.Here goes,I'll start with the backstory :
Ok,it's a song I've been trying to ID for 10-15 years.Back then I was working in Ibiza for the season and one night I was staggering around the West End,as you do,when I came across Play2 at the bottom of the hill on the corner.It's where the West End opens up into the port area,there's a nice little corner cafe opposite that does well selling all the club tickets but can't remember the name!
So I go into Play2 and they're having an Old Skool night,which I love and a few cervezas later they put on the first tune I'm posting.
The DJs were two locals,Ibicenco guys and when one of them put it on I saw him shout something into his mates ear and then they high-fived each other.I realised why as the record began,they were playing vinyl then! :head:
I've been looking for it for years and every now and then it pops into my head but the other day I caught it on OSA,Old Skool Anthems on Tune-In Radio on my iPad.
I ran out of the shower covered in soap and water and grabbed my phone and managed to get a good sample,then pause it and replay it on Tune-In!
I've cut it down to just 15 seconds and converted it to wva using Audacity,great software!:cool:
It's nearly impossible to ID a song without any lyrics as you can't Google it,it's instrumental.
To anyone who can ID this tune,you are the end of a leg in advance,cheers! :D

spaceface
9th October 2012, 08:54 PM
It's actually a pretty well-known tune: Subliminal Cuts ‎– Le Voie Le Soleil. Probably either the original or one of the WOW mixes. Enjoy :thumbsup:

dodgymix
9th October 2012, 10:47 PM
It's the original mix

Tailandia
12th October 2012, 04:47 AM
Thanks very much for that ID,super fast too!Sorry I didn't come on earlier but I'm moving house in Bangkok right now.
I went straight to YouTube and converted it to mp3 & was listening to it yesterday on iTunes,keep up the good work!