PDA

View Full Version : Celibration Of The Eclipse....

wildpitch
16th October 2002, 11:43 PM
... thats what it says on the label anyway. Anyone shed any light on this for me. It's a single sided thing. Bit of a tune, big synth all the way through, vocals are "I can't stop the feeling" and "Do It To Me Baby". The main synth doesn't sounds similar to PKA to me, but then I haven't heard that in a long time so I am may be wrong.

I can rip a sample if it will help.

TIA

Shooms
17th October 2002, 08:23 AM
WildPitch mate.... you could well be making Alan (Rewind) century..... sounds like this is the legendary PKA "Eclipse" that is on the Orbit, Morley Dec 1991 mix (Man Paris MC'ing).....

:phones: :thumbsup:

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 08:37 AM
Nice. Like I said it sounds PKA'ish, but doesn't have much on the label. Not really into my tapes, so I don't know the Orbit one. I'll rip a sample tonight, if you wouldn't mind taking a listen.

Thank ye

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 11:12 AM
wildpitch this is my most wanted mp3 is there any chance ya could do me a rip at all - i been after this tune fuckin yrs

can send ya some shelleys sets mp3 - for sort in me m8

al - pleadin

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 11:31 AM
How badly do you want it. Enough to purchase it...? ;) ;)

ste huxley
17th October 2002, 11:31 AM
Sounds like Evolution that, wont be tho lol

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 11:40 AM
how much ya want for it m8

al

:D :D :D :D

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 11:45 AM
Funny that. I have got this Evolution thing that is similar. When some mates from Blackpool saw these two 12's in my collection back then, I can remember the words they said "Tune" and "Massive". I'm a Southerner BTW so the tunes didn't mean as much to me as they did to them...!

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by OldskoolDazed (al)
how much ya want for it m8

al

:D :D :D :D

It's not for sale mate. But like everything that isn't for sale, it's probably got a price. ;)

Make an offer if you want.

grad
17th October 2002, 02:04 PM
Al only wanted an mp3..you're not asking for a bid on that are you?

can we hear a sample then?

sweet sensation
17th October 2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ste huxley
Sounds like Evolution that, wont be tho lol

Thats what I thought Ste - but thought it cant be thats too easy and I didnt want to look a fool !! :S :o :$ ;)

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by grad
Al only wanted an mp3..you're not asking for a bid on that are you?

can we hear a sample then?

Did I say something wrong!?

I'll rip it when I get home.

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 02:18 PM
Grad i made him an offer ive been after this 11 yrs nearly i had always had my m8s copy round at my house in 91 92 lol never let him ave it back - till i moved lol didnt get away with it bastard

id snap it up if was for sale

that shitty tape rip whats been goin about is mine lol of an old matt bell tape

al

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Every one must know this tune it starts with Seagulls then drops in to to a vocal similar to mainline then big big breakdown into pka sample breakdown

grad
17th October 2002, 02:35 PM
wildpitch, sorry mate, i've got confused here but it reads like Al asked for an mp3 then you asked if he wanted to purchase it..( for a minute i thought you meant the mp3)

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by grad
wildpitch, sorry mate, i've got confused here but it reads like Al asked for an mp3 then you asked if he wanted to purchase it..( for a minute i thought you meant the mp3)

No worries mate. I'm still wet behind the ears as to how things work here, so wasn't sure if I was doing wrong. As it goes I just re read Al's first message, and I'm clueless as to how I knew he would want the 12"! Must be something to do with the air down here.

I'll rip and up it somewhere tonight.

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 02:51 PM
lol look what i started now - hehhee

wild could i be cheeky seein ya not makin my dreams come true ;)can ya do rip at quite high bit rate so ave quite good quality plz - any thin u after lol i ave 15 000 odd

al

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 03:12 PM
Do you have broadband Al? You're welcome to the WAV if you have, well you're welcome to the WAV if you haven't but I doubt you'd want it. Let me know.

Feck, there's a few that I've been trying to replace for about 10 years, and only this week ordered some of them from Vinyl Exchange. I take it you're talkin 15,000 vinyl?

They didn't have...

St Etienne - Only Love can break your heart (MAW mixes)
Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It (Has to be the Jack Trax release with Robert Owens on vocals)

Do you have either 12's?

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 03:29 PM
yeah im on broadband m8

can catch me on icq aol or msn l8r

no avent got the vinyl i meant mp3 i lost my vinyl in fore in 93 - but ya wouldnt get anyone more into oldskool 1000 od tapes and 15 000 odd mp3 lol

from 88 94 - sasha tunes speciality - ill try trk them tunes down for ya though

cheers m8

Shooms
17th October 2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
St Etienne - Only Love can break your heart (MAW mixes)
Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It (Has to be the Jack Trax release with Robert Owens on vocals)

Do you have either 12's?

WP mate - I know where you can get the Mr Fingers/Robert Owen......

Although it's a bit of a moody press-up my local shop has/had a 'best of Mr Fingers' comp which looks fairly official.... I think it was one or tunes per side so nice loud pressing....

Try here....

www.groovefinder.co.uk & ask for Kel (Kelly)

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks chaps.

Shoomster - I'll pass on the "moody" one, as I just want to replace things like for like. Thanks for the info tho. :)

Al - Shit. Thought that 15000 was too good to be true! I'll try and catch up with you on ICQ tonight, if I don't I'll let you know where I've stashed the file. I take it you'll be having the WAV?

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 04:24 PM
yo cheers mucka

my icq is on tonite but im away - ive left on auto accept should be back for 11 ish though - so give us a shout and ill add ya

wont take long over icq

cheers m8

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 04:46 PM
I'll just whack it on some webspace for you, much easier.

oldskooldazed (al)
17th October 2002, 04:48 PM
yeah no probs n pm us tha link m8

ta

al

:D :D :D :D :D :D

wildpitch
17th October 2002, 10:21 PM
Check yer PM's

oldskooldazed (al)
18th October 2002, 01:25 AM
all done and sorted and yeah man