PDA

View Full Version : not much to go at all..

A-thru-Z
4th August 2012, 01:12 AM
Hello knowledgeable ones :)
This really is an utter shot in the dark. I have no clip so its all description and this tune has been haunting the cobwebbed little cupboards inside my brain for decades.
Rewind to 1988 (or possibly 89)..Its an acid track with pretty much a driving baseline, 4/4 all the way. Small amounts of acid tweaking (yeah could be 3000 tracks with this description) but the thing that may stand it out from the rest is that through most of the track there is just a voice saying 'slam' with a repeating fade of the word...its not phuture-slam for sure. There is a long breakdown about 2 3rds through the track and this 'slam' thing continues and then it changes to what sounds like 'slam (repeats- slam slam slam) the deal (repeats- deal deal deal) this happens a few times..baseline frequency is down to almost nothing then what sounds like a recording from somewhere like a walky talky just says a distorted word (or 2) a few times then the bassline and 4/4 + clap kick back in to the end.
I can see it could be very very obscure.
For some reason I thought it was on 'The house sound of chicago vol 3 acid trax' on ffrr but its not but is very much that time....
Thankyou for your patience and brainpower with this puzzler.
Hopefully I will get my musical itch scratched

Nature Boy
4th August 2012, 04:57 AM
Maybe Code 61 - Drop The Deal (Acid Remix)?

pluto
4th August 2012, 08:02 AM
Liddell townsell - As Acid Turns

A-thru-Z
4th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Liddell townsell - As Acid Turns

Woohoo!!!! That is the track!!! Thankyou sooo much!! Scratching my itch on youtube as I type..what a fantastic track it is. Thankyou again :heart: