PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Feb95 Unknown Eurotrance

pheelgoodmusic
19th March 2012, 03:05 AM
Recorded this off the radio in Amsterdam in Feb 1995-the DJ talks in clips 1/3 but unfortunately my Dutch is rather limited and I had trouble understanding him when he spoke in Dutch! Also if anyone speaks or understands Dutch, what was the name of this radio station back then? Thanks in advance

BUNKERHEADZ
19th March 2012, 08:00 AM
Starforce FM

Even though Im Dutch this bloke sound as an (Black) English fella speaking Dutch.

Not saying a word of what hes playing, just useless chitt chatt, the tune could be Dutch tho, typical Dutch sound for that period.

I cant help but I hope ya will get it nailed m8 :thumbsup:

pheelgoodmusic
20th March 2012, 04:41 AM
Bedankt voor je snelle reactie Bunkerheadz. Was Starforce FM part of Radio538 or was this a completely different radio station in Amsterdam back in 1995? The DJ played "Reach Out" by Sonic Surfers before this track and afterwards it was "There Is A Star" by Pharao-I Googled "Starforce FM Amsterdam" and the only results I saw were about the game-hopefully I'll figure out this unknown track!

BUNKERHEADZ
20th March 2012, 09:54 AM
no prob m8 and to be honest, I never heard of it LOL

He said the station name and available on the cable and FM so I dont think it was some pirate, but I always was tuned in into Radio 100 Amsterdam from 1990 till late so perhaps thats why I never heard of it.

Radio 100 was underground and I think ur channel was more mainstream like.

BUNKERHEADZ
20th March 2012, 10:07 AM
Ahhh, I just Googled it and think what it is.

SALTO Omroep Amsterdam (http://www.salto.nl/radio/radio_sfm.asp)

the frequency band 106.8 FM is affiliated to Salto, a platform for cultural TV and Radio, giving people a voice, Ethnic groups or gays and lesbians, u get the feeling.

I said the guy sounded black, well I think Starforce FM was a channel on Salto with a daily, weekly or monthly program schedule.

Think the presenter is either from the Dutch Antilles or Surinam listening to his voice, but I think Surinam....

His name is most likely Wicky or Wick from what I can hear..

pheelgoodmusic
25th August 2013, 08:25 PM
Finally got this RESOLVED :-) Track is called:
"Waves Of Life" - Body Heat
Steady Beat Records Netherlands 1994

Here's the entire 16 min. original recording from Amsterdam 106.8 FM -Fri. 10 Feb 1995

https://www.mixcloud.com/euretrodance90radiomixes/amsterdam-radio-1068-fm-vrijdag-10-februari-1995-eurodance-90s/