PDA

View Full Version : Pushing my luck for some indie IDs

Cazza
11th October 2002, 12:02 PM
I already love your minds so can any of you lot id any of these 3 indie dance tracks i’ve had on a copied tape since the early 90s. Got to get 1 and 2. No. 1 is the reason I joined pianoheaven. I love it so much I could eat it.

1. (Whispers “Stars, stars, stars”)
(Shoot it?) all I want you to amuse me
You can talk and talk - But please don't lose me
I want to eat you up - So I can taste you days later
I think you remember how it should be done
?????????
The stuff you save for a rainy day
Bring out your toy box - Bring it out now
I want to see your stars today
I see stars lighting up your face
Millions of stars - they come from light years away
Oh I can see stars lighting up your face
Millions of stars, billions of stars
They come from la la la la la light years away.
(then big crescendo and fantastic instrumental)

2. Big jingle jangle intro – not quite sure of the words but the voice is whiney

I have promised myself – a trip to my soul
I have promised myself - ooh spoke to myself
I must never go back again
In a smoke filled room - With the sweat perfume
(then more lines, then)
From this backstreet gloom - And ??? tune
That screaming tune
It hurts so much, It hurts again and again and again
Two hearts that live in wonder (or sounds like)
This hearts on fire(?), you know I can't give any more

3. (in political mode I fink and in a cockney voice – not quite rap not quite singing)

This is the big picture and I don’t like what I see
Why can't we live together in peace and har-mon-eee
Feel the power within you each and every day
We can live toge-e-e-ver just listen to what I saaaay
Na na na na num num - Na na na na num num
Na na na na num num - What's your name
How can you hate me when you don’t even know my name
To put my life in tatters oh yeahfor someone else’s mad campaign
It’s a shame a cryin shame – singing
Na na na na num num - Na na na na num num
Na na na na num num - What's your name

:dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

wildpitch
11th October 2002, 12:11 PM
1 - Abolsute classic. Sounds like Poppy Factory - Stars. Still love this tune myself, and it sounds as good now as it did then. It was a Flying Records remix I think, possibly by Dean Thatcher.
2 - ??
3 - Horses Without Heads - What's Your Name. I'll have to dig this out to double check.

Cazza
11th October 2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
1 - Abolsute classic. Sounds like Poppy Factory - Stars. Still love this tune myself, and it sounds as good now as it did then. It was a Flying Records remix I think, possibly by Dean Thatcher.
2 - ??
3 - Horses Without Heads - What's Your Name. I'll have to dig this out to double check.

WILDPITCH!! I've found another member to love (oooer missus). You're all such a pleasure to work with. My cup will run over once I get hold of a copy of Stars (and any others that Poppy Factory made - I want them all). No. 2 is nearly as good. I can't upload music from this system I'm on (at work) but if no-one comes up with that id I'll hafta turn on me charm wiv a mate.

Thank you Butty for suggesting I put these 3 on here - can't wait for your new Tune ID site to start.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

butty
11th October 2002, 12:56 PM
innit the peeps in here amaze me with the amount of areas they r clued up in and so we got a good base for a site that will help peeps id them all elusive tracks

good work wildpitch :thumbsup:

Shooms
11th October 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by butty
innit the peeps in here amaze me with the amount of areas they r clued up in and so we got a good base for a site that will help peeps id them all elusive tracks

good work wildpitch :thumbsup:

Innit just ! Spot work Fella Wildpitch :king:

An' a big welcome to CSOS too :thumbsup:

"OSA - home of the tune-meisters" :D

wildpitch
11th October 2002, 11:51 PM
I'm feckin dissed. I've got two copies of Horses Without Heads, original and remix, proper old skool Ballyeric material, and I've just found that both are feckin warped. Arse.

This was tune no. 3 by the way.

:( :'( :axe:

nathan
12th October 2002, 09:00 PM
as horses without heads is quite rare. I've got a mint copy.
any balearic questions just ask me baby.

www.frognal.demon.co.uk/history/

wildpitch
13th October 2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by nathan

You can understand why I was rather distressed last night then. Two copies,and they're both fit for the scrap heap. Complete feckin pisser as it was a favourite way back then when I got it.

BTW - Checked your site out, first page loads OK but I get page not found for the rest of them.

nathan
13th October 2002, 03:46 PM
I'm in the process of sorting it

wildpitch
13th October 2002, 04:59 PM
Is that Matt Contor on your website, of Cantor and Moses fame?

nathan
13th October 2002, 09:52 PM
it's matt cantor from the freestylers, strike and cut and paste fame

Cazza
14th October 2002, 06:05 PM

Does Frognal mean you live in NW3 then? Because the tape I got the 3 tracks from was from a bloke that came from the NW London area - ooer. Couldn't you id the othertune then? You said to just ask you Baby. Well I'm asking you Baby. I dunno ..... brag blag brag blag - you blokes are all the same.

:he she: :joker: :he she: :joker:

nathan
14th October 2002, 10:05 PM
good point honey but I don't believe the tune is 'balearic' maybe it it is in which case I put my hands up! Yep I am smack bang in the middle of NW3 (spooky) who do you know round here?

Cazza
15th October 2002, 03:26 PM
good point honey but I don't believe the tune is 'balearic' maybe it it is in which case I put my hands up! Yep I am smack bang in the middle of NW3 (spooky) who do you know round here?

Born in Kilburn, lived in Hendon, Cricklewood. Worked in Finchley Road (nr West End Lane). Relations in Church Row, Hampstead who moved to Primrose Hill. If I told you their name I expect you might even know them. I think you're right about it being balearic but as you'd already said the other two tracks were (and I didn't think they sounded balearic - or was I reading you wrong). The fellow I got the tapes from comes from Hampstead and used to go down Dingwalls regularly on a Sunday afternoon. His name was Michael - he did 'jazz' dancing and hairdressing (not gay). I think he lives in Twickenham now. Ring any bells?

Shooms
15th October 2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by csos
he did 'jazz' dancing and hairdressing (not gay).

LMAO !!! :thumbsup:

nathan
16th October 2002, 11:51 AM
where did you work on finchley rd (nr west end lane) as this is ten paces from my house. How old are ya? I went to school in cricklewood

Cazza
18th October 2002, 11:27 AM
where did you work on finchley rd (nr west end lane) as this is ten paces from my house. How old are ya? I went to school in cricklewood

Too bleeding old (but I still luv good dance music). Drove past your house then, on Wed, visiting and shopping. I did dodgy secret squirrel work :redneck: nr the shops past Cannon Hill. I went to school in Kilburn. Was your school near Childs Hill? I think that's where the bloke lived I got the 1990 tape from.

sweet sensation
18th October 2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by csos
I did dodgy secret squirrel work :redneck

Lol !! You didnt used to work for Boots did you ??!! ;) they had a secret squirrel thing too !! :S

Sweet xx

P.S I live in East Finchley, but have only been in London just over a year.