PDA

View Full Version : Todd Terry, L'America 1993

jonny_the_boy
24th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Folks,

A couple of really tricky one here. I'm re-constructing a much loved Todd Terry set (the tape's finally gone) from the Corn Exchange, Leeds from back in 1993. I was there and it was mind blowing at the time.

First one is just a beat that he uses to go between a couple of tracks. Can't find it on any of his releases around the time.

Second is an acapella (he uses a load during the set) that sounds like some sort of reggae shout out.

I know they're long shots but you lot have surprised me in the past.

Thanks for any help in advance. I will, as ever, post a link to the completed mix once it's done.

All the best,

Jonny

roco
25th January 2012, 12:29 PM
Re id 2 which I have on other mixes from 93 I'm pretty sure it's one of TT's own tracks so had a hunt around his Unreleased Project Parts 1-4 from that period but drew a blank. Someone on here will know as you said he used it frequently.

jonny_the_boy
25th January 2012, 03:59 PM
Roco,

I went on a bit of a hunt and found it! It's looks like it's called "Everlasting Life". Can't see it on Discogs but you can get it on iTunes!

iTunes - Music - TT100 Part 2 by Todd Terry (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/tt100-part-2/id205018171)

How times have changed...

presuminged
25th January 2012, 09:51 PM
It might be worth checking out Trey Max's 'Top Secret Beats' series released on Todd Terry's 'Freeze' label. The beat in the sample is almost identical to one from the Volume 1 LP. Ed

jonny_the_boy
26th January 2012, 12:05 PM
Ed,

That would make a lot of sense.

Copy ordered and on it's way. I'll report back when it turns up.

Cheers for the reply in any case.

Shamus
8th February 2012, 12:35 AM
1st sounds very identical to Deep Beats Vol 2 - Untitled track B1

jonny_the_boy
13th February 2012, 02:39 PM
Ed - It arrived today and it's not on there. Some cracking old beats that I'll put to good use so not a complete loss.

Shamus - going to try your suggestion. Will report back when it's here.

jonny_the_boy
19th February 2012, 02:47 PM
Shamus - it's not on there either. Thanks for the reply in any case.