PDA

View Full Version : 1990 tape IDs required

Cazza
10th October 2002, 03:15 PM
Going crazy trying to ID some of the tracks on a tape mixed late 1990 (acquired from a Dingwalls contact) but don’t know some of the tracks. Can anyone enlighten me on the ????s. I’m not even sure of the titles.

1. You can make it better – Mikkhiel
2. Hold Me (Like a Lover) - ?? (not Tina Charles)
3. Make Your Move or Don’t You Wanna be Mine -??
4. Where love lives – Alison Limerick
5. I Wanna Hold You - ?? (Catatonic, I could not move an inch …)
6. Born to Love Ya – Rozalla
7. I Say Yeah – Secchi
(Then two weird tracks)
8. Have a little drink on me?? (Don’t laugh)
9. Brilliant early trance track (long) with Japanese-type ooohs and Ayi-yi-yi’s with background singing in English Freeeedomm, Freeedomm, every now and then, cellos in there somewhere.

I’m also after:
(You’re) All Played Out – LIFE (but which is best version??)
Pleasure (I get my pleasure from pleeeasinnnng you) - ??

:dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

Jonno
10th October 2002, 03:34 PM
I'll do you the obvious ones

2 is Velvet
3 is Denise Lopez - Don't You Wanna Be Mine

Pleasure is It's My Pleasure by My Friend Sam feat Viola Wills

oldskooldazed (al)
10th October 2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
I'll do you the obvious ones

2 is Velvet
3 is Denise Lopez - Don't You Wanna Be Mine

Pleasure is It's My Pleasure by My Friend Sam feat Viola Wills

teule - drink on me

classic 1990 tunes

thats a guess without listenin

alan

Cazza
10th October 2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks Jonno - now i'll do some ordering from Gemm (via this site). I thought one was Denise Lopez but I needed to be sure. You lot are sooooo smart. I used to be but lost it over time. Can anyone tell me who to go to for IDs on late 80s indie dance. I have 3 tracks that are driving me nuts but didn't like to ask you lot cos it's not exactly pianoheaven type music.

CazzafromBazza:dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

butty
10th October 2002, 04:35 PM
ask em n e way mate if they can id em then they will do whatever they r - worth askin innit.

im currently workin on a new site that will just be about tune id's the aim is to cover as many sorta of music styles as poss, its only an early starter tho but will be openin the first bit of next year

ps csos u a woman or a bloke? just wonderin. pop in chillout n say hello to the animals - dont feed em tho

Cazza
10th October 2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by OldskoolDazed (al)
teule - drink on me

classic 1990 tunes

thats a guess without listenin

alan

I luv you lot. I bet that's the same track. He kind of speaks the song fast with an accent of some sort and I think he's trying to pick up a girl in the street.

Cazza
10th October 2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by butty
ask em n e way mate if they can id em then they will do whatever they r - worth askin innit.

im currently workin on a new site that will just be about tune id's the aim is to cover as many sorta of music styles as poss, its only an early starter tho but will be openin the first bit of next year

ps csos u a woman or a bloke? just wonderin. pop in chillout n say hello to the animals - dont feed em tho

Are wimmin allowed in there then? And it's a good job age isn't compulsory .... tho on a good day I can still pull em. I might just take a peek round the door - I've got all me clothes on today.

butty
10th October 2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by csos
Are wimmin allowed in there then? And it's a good job age isn't compulsory .... tho on a good day I can still pull em. I might just take a peek round the door - I've got all me clothes on today.

lol aye women r allowed in but u gotta wear summet skimpy or if poss a long skirt - theres summet about long skirts that really twiddle my dooberies, my outlook on life is this - with a short skirt there is no surprise with a long skirt u have summet to unwrap

lol il shut up now :dummy:

aye pop in chillout n say hello - dare ya!

Cazza
10th October 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by butty
lol aye women r allowed in but u gotta wear summet skimpy or if poss a long skirt - theres summet about long skirts that really twiddle my dooberies, my outlook on life is this - with a short skirt there is no surprise with a long skirt u have summet to unwrap

lol il shut up now :dummy:

aye pop in chillout n say hello - dare ya!

oooooh I do like a dare but it'll have to wait until manyana mate cos i'm off home in a min. i work for a living - i'll rephrase that: i go to this place everyday and play on the net. i love this site the best. anthems is ok too but slow for me. i will def open the door tomorrow IF my IT dept's not restricted me. i'll have to get a computer at home - but then i might become one of them nerd thingys instead of the beautiful tanned creature i am now (hahahah).

And, butty i will post the indie dance tracks too. thanks for the reply.

butty
10th October 2002, 05:47 PM
but then i might become one of them nerd thingys

lol whats wrong with bein 1 of them :anorak:

:D

Jonno
12th October 2002, 11:12 PM
Thanks Jonno - now i'll do some ordering from Gemm (via this site). No worries, but just to recap, cause we're in the tune id forum - you're deffo a chick an that with a front bum and everything, it's just we don't get many of you in here.

sirius
12th October 2002, 11:21 PM
Heheheh.....perhaps its time butty installed a 'Wife/Girlfriend Chair' plug in....just like in some record shops :), then we might get some more in.

Woo! a female vinyl addict in the tune Id forum :guitar: :phones: :eyebrow: :party: :party:

Cazza
14th October 2002, 05:56 PM
No worries, but just to recap, cause we're in the tune id forum - you're deffo a chick an that with a front bum and everything, it's just we don't get many of you in here.

deffo an old boiler more like - iwrote you a reply and then lost it - this isn't the second one izzit cos i hate repeating meself, repeating meself.

jonno you're one of my favs (i'm fullovit) but there's still another tune to be id'd and you lot keep writing to each other on my subject getting all excited over wot sex i am (oh how i larf). you lot are so funny - even jus writing to each other. tho it takes me sum time to work out wot ur saying to each other. im trying to walk the walk but haven't quite got the hang of it but at least you can av a larf at me - which i don't mind - it's wot makes the world go round i rekon.

:he she: :he she: :he she:

I am a real She, honest guv. sprogs anall

Jonno
15th October 2002, 11:22 AM
No worries, but just to recap, cause we're in the tune id forum - you're deffo a chick an that with a front bum and everything, it's just we don't get many of you in here. Is it just me or did I turn into Gareth from the office there?

As for the other tracks;
5. I Wanna Hold You - ?? (Catatonic, I could not move an inch …) any chance of more lyrics?
8. Have a little drink on me?? - I'm intrigued, what's the style of this un?

Cazza
15th October 2002, 03:12 PM
Is it just me or did I turn into Gareth from the office there?

As for the other tracks;
5. I Wanna Hold You - ?? (Catatonic, I could not move an inch …) any chance of more lyrics?

Thanks for getting back to the matter in hand. Oldskooldazed already answered No. 8 - see above. Not my kinda music but the rest of the tape is pure bliss. I've no idea who mixed it but some DJ who was in and around the Dingwalls scene late 80s early 90s. No. 5 goes like this:

Oh no it doesn't - sorry, left the CD at home. Get back to you on Friday with words. I'm off spending for the next two days. I'm blond too.

Cazza
21st October 2002, 02:50 PM
Is it just me or did I turn into Gareth from the office there?

As for the other tracks;

Dearest Jonno, hope you're still in the mood (to ID the only track left). Here are the lyrics. It's very similar to the Denise Lopez track and she sounds like her too. It could be that all of the tracks on the tape are speeded up slightly. Anyway ....

When I first laid eyes on you
I couldn’t believe that it was true
Those big brown eyes that blew my mind
Only if you knew, you had me hypnotized
Catatonic I could not move an inch
In a love daze I’m just in
I could [sleep?] with you all day long
Cookin up your love (????? mumble mumble)

I wanna Hold you, I wanna love you, I wanna squeeze you
I wanna hold you. Hold you, hold you, love you, love you,
squeeze you, squeeze you, hold you, hold you

The feeling down deep inside
0000eee baby it’s so hard to hide
I try and I try but I’ve got to put aside
My love for you I must decide
Is it riiiiight or is it wrong
how much longer can we carry on
Forever and a day our love will always stay
I thank god that you came my waaaaay.

I wanna Hold you, I wanna love you, I wanna squeeze you
I wanna hold you. Hold you, hold you, love you, love you,
squeeze you, squeeze you, hold you, hold you

Until a get a home computer I can't upload music at work. :'(
Can't buy me a computer cos me house needs decorating. eny workmen out there?

Jonno
23rd October 2002, 01:17 PM
First off I've gotta say I'm flattered with your faith in my tune id'ing ability. That said I'm gonna have to disappoint you here and say that the tune doesn't ring any bells. It may do if I heard a sample but I wouldn't hold out a great deal of hope.

Btw respect due for your id desription there - It's about as comprehensive as they come. I'd guess it took you a while to decipher the lyrics from your tape.

VinylAnimal
23rd October 2002, 07:10 PM
you're deffo a chick an that with a front bum and everything

LOLOLOL Jonno fella thats a chat up line and a half that is :thumbsup:

eny workmen out there?

I've got an anorak with florescent stripes :D does that count :confused:

Vocal doesnt ring any bells hun - is well detailed though I'd be surprised if nobody recognises it :o

Cazza
25th October 2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by VinylAnimal
LOLOLOL Jonno fella thats a chat up line and a half that is :thumbsup:

I've got an anorak with florescent stripes :D does that count :confused:

Vocal doesnt ring any bells hun - is well detailed though I'd be surprised if nobody recognises it :o

Cant wait to get started on my new computer next week and after I figure out how to upload a bit of the track on this site I'm sure someone will at least recognise her voice. As for Jonnos chat up line - at first I was :jawdrop: but it's only a bit of fun and as it turns out he's a decent geezer. As loads of you seem to be here.