PDA

View Full Version : party people

scaz
9th October 2002, 09:21 PM
i think this is what its called.

i know there is a few different party people tracks but i am looking for one that is played in maximes.
its a really bouncy and bangin tune.

any ideas which one im looking for, i know its a shit description

BRADDY
9th October 2002, 09:31 PM
M.A.N.I.C - PARTY PEOPLE, off the top of my head.

pacman
9th October 2002, 09:42 PM
Pianoman???? Any other clues mate?

scaz
9th October 2002, 09:48 PM
no its not pianoman.

there only way i can describe it from what i know its a really bouncy tune and quick for old skool then slows down and then has lyrics saying party people.

p.s if anyone went to maximes to the oldskool night in sept it was on about 3 tunes after butty was on

Biskit
9th October 2002, 10:15 PM
This tune is always comin' up!! Check one of the many 'Party People' threads from a bit back......................

http://209.151.69.242/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8602&highlight=party+people

alien*8*
9th October 2002, 10:22 PM
problem house????

or

sunset regime??

mark

sirius
9th October 2002, 10:32 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Soz scaz m8, couldnt resist :). Its just that it seems every single week without fail!!!.

Ps its Sunset Regime Come On Poeple mark :D :guitar: :phones:

Sirius.

alien*8*
9th October 2002, 10:36 PM
lol half asleep.................... what a fuck up!!!!!!!!

mark:$ :$ :$

VinylAnimal
11th October 2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by sirius
Its just that it seems every single week without fail!!!

Aye you're right Sirius mate this one does come up quite a bit :o Here's a breakdown of the ones I know - the thread Biskit quoted gives details of some of the other mixes available, so between em we have a thread we can quote each time it comes up ;)

Can anyone complete this one please by posting detail re: the Pianoman version :confused: :thumbsup:

Right here goes LOL:

Original is by a Dutch techno outfit called “Problem House”. It was released in 1991 on a 4 track EP called “Problem House Vol II” (Hithouse Records) # HIT 6.011 :thumbsup: LOL the other 3 tracks are fukkin AWFUL !!!!!!!

This one’s been bootlegged a couple of times at least, but the original EP isn’t usually too hard to get hold of….

The remixes (“Trix Mix” and “Manic Mix”) both appeared on a promo some time afterwards. There’s not much detail - only a red stamp giving the track title, and the same (only without the oval round it) giving the mix titles. According to the etching in the middle the cat # is “ST 001”.

Me scanner is not playing ball right now, so I’ve drawn the stamp LOL. Looks summat like this:

http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/misc/pp/stamp.jpg

This promo is a sod to get hold of !!! Last I heard peeps were offering quite a bit to get their hands on it :|

I’ve ripped all three and converted em to mono to keep the file size down. The quality is shite (so I don’t get told off for rippin’ em LOL) but it’s good enough to tell the difference…

Original Mix (http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/misc/pp/original.mp3)

Trix Mix (http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/misc/pp/trix.mp3)

Manic Mix (http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/misc/pp/manic.mp3)

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of it Scaz mate :D

Originally posted by alien*8*
lol half asleep.................... what a fuck up!!!!!!!!

LOL @ Mark :thumbsup: :D

And I was gonna ask you for a listen to this one mate....... :axe:

sirius
11th October 2002, 02:15 PM
I must admit though, nobodys ever mentioned the DJ Trix 'Party Poeple 94' mix i dont think............cant be rare can it?

Cheerio,

Sirius.

butty
11th October 2002, 02:17 PM
bleedin hell va mate u talk about goin the extra length to help with an id

nice 1 mate hat off 2 ya :thumbsup:

butty
11th October 2002, 02:18 PM
ps rick was on after me in september and so itl b the trix mix ur after i rekon

im stil tryin 2 rob the fekker off him when he aint lookin :D

Biskit
11th October 2002, 02:41 PM
Good work V.A!! :thumbsup:
We can use this thread for future reference!!

sirius
11th October 2002, 02:52 PM
Can I confirm that the whiplashing mix is the trix mix???, or is it folk law???? How does anyone know it REALLY is the trix mix, perhaps its just a remix and people have batted it about as TRIX but wheres the proof. "SHOW ME THE MONEY---SHOW ME THE MONEY" heheheh :)

I remember it was about '94 when it came out on that whitelabel booty remix type thing, but i have a red labelled *original* DJ Trix '94 party poeple and this doesnt have the whips in, but does contain the piano hook but its slightly different.

I cant see there being two DJ trix releases in the same year..........

Cheers

Sirius.

butty
11th October 2002, 02:54 PM
yeah mate the whiplash 12 is deffo the trix mix - d/load the trix mix mp3 off va's thread if u want proofage. rj also has the vinyl and its the same tune n that is the trix mix n all

sirius
11th October 2002, 02:56 PM
Yeah, but who says it REALLY is the trix mix????????????, perhaps it is really somebody else who never got credit.

Sirius.

ZENZEN
11th October 2002, 03:20 PM
Well as if all that werent enough.Does anybody know who did another party people remix after the Original,Trix mix & the Panic mix??
I have a tape at home with another version of Party People on it only the tune sounds wonky in places,but its not the tape,it's like whoever has remiixed it has distorted the track in places.
It's a harder version with the 'Party People' lyric going...

'Party P ..P.. Party..P ..Party P ..P.. Party..P'

This version also has a f**ked up start with sample from the original sounding stretched and twisted then the beat kicks in.

This could be the version Scaz is going on about as it is a bouncy and bangin version of the original,although it's not hardcore,the beat is like the Trix Mix beat.
I actually have a happy hardcore version of this also,but I dont think we will even go there!!! :phones: :phones: :phones:
http://www.zenzen.co.kr/img/zenlogo12.jpg
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Cats__/Cats__record_player_prv.gif

butty
11th October 2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sirius
Yeah, but who says it REALLY is the trix mix????????????, perhaps it is really somebody else who never got credit.

Sirius.

vinylanimal and rj and about 4 online vinyl sellers who i got in touch with thru the past 2 years all say its the trix mix mate and vinylanimal is king daddy anorak so i believe him lol

:)

alien*8*
11th October 2002, 05:06 PM
mate in preston has it as well

did me a rip of it

cool tune
especially the piano bit

mark

sirius
11th October 2002, 06:38 PM
I suppose unless we ring trix up and ask him to identify the clip, we'll never really know............

Im not saying ure wrong, Im just saying wheres the proof? and its a bit funny how Trix released two different mixes of party people in the same year.

My vinyl with the red label (dj Trix 94 mix), written and produced by DJ Trix (lol) could be the one ZenZen is on about, it is a bit 'messed up' but as I said, it still contains the piano riff from the whiplash-ey mix.

Its happened so many times before where tunes have developed a magical 'quest' name which never really existed and/or was infact somebody or something totally different.

Sirius.

pacman
20th October 2002, 01:14 PM
Am I right in saying there was a Pianoman remix of this or am I talking crap???

If so, what are the differences cos I thought the trix mix was pianoman for years lol

sirius
20th October 2002, 01:50 PM
I think pianoman did a remix in 95/96ish on Slack records. Not sure if it properly came out - mines a promo thingy. Havent played it for years. Wasnt Trix also Cheese'n'Biscuits?.....
and who else agrees it was a mistake for him to use that 'kettledrum' casio keyboard sound over that tune on magic records!......

See ya

Sirius.

Biskit
20th October 2002, 02:35 PM
Magic Records - TRIX001

DJ TRIX

Side A - Move youe body (Remix) ... Side B - Party People (Remix)

Party People (Remix) (http://www.splattdesigns.co.uk/biskit/trix.mp3)

**This is the official 'Trix' rmx, with all the info'**

Biskit
20th October 2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by VinylAnimal

Trix Mix (http://www.vinylanimal.btinternet.co.uk/misc/pp/trix.mp3)

V.A Ive just listened to this, and this isn't the 'Trix' rmx, Im certain of this! (Watch me be wrong now!! lol)
This is a bootleg that came out about 1993, I used to 'av it, but got rid, dunno why?!? The original bootleg of this, if you can call it that, should have a dodgy tune on the flip, not another 'Party people' track! If not, Im thinking , its a bootleg of a bootleg!!

sirius
20th October 2002, 03:03 PM
Geezuz! Another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Good grief Penfold.

Never heard this one b4, but its sounds more 'newer'. The trix one I have (par the unresolved bootleg whiplash one) is also etched trix001: "Mr Conehead says Hello". With 'An eighth' 'Take My Body' 'Loud and Proud'. This was '94.

This must be the most covered song in the scene! all by the man like Trix and manic ? :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

pacman
20th October 2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Biskit
Magic Records - TRIX001

DJ TRIX

Side A - Move youe body (Remix) ... Side B - Party People (Remix)

Party People (Remix) (http://www.splattdesigns.co.uk/biskit/trix.mp3)

**This is the official 'Trix' rmx, with all the info'**

What years this Biskit fella??

Biskit
20th October 2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pacman
What years this Biskit fella??

I dont really know, thats the only bit of info' I dont know? At a guess - '94???

Biskit
20th October 2002, 04:39 PM
I think it would be a good idea for everyone to upload samples of all the 'Party people' tunes with the Cat' No. for reference, so this can finally be resolved! All this is starting to blag my head!

scaz
19th November 2002, 11:05 PM
just like to thank vinyl animal it was the trix mix i wanted iding.ive only just got speakers and had a listen .thanks

dont know why i didnt thank you before after you wrote all that info on it.

i bet you thought i was a bit ignorant