PDA

View Full Version : Unknown tune circa '91

Jaystretch
3rd December 2011, 08:16 PM
Can anyone help me find the name of this rockin' tune played by Grooverider @ Helter Skelter '91 Side 2? It's an awesome old skool break beat track. I've got to find it. Can anyone help please?:fekked:

Thrash
3rd December 2011, 08:36 PM
World Dominance - Compression Remix (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/World-Dominance-Compression-Remix/release/135374) :thumbsup:

Jaystretch
3rd December 2011, 09:24 PM
Many thanks. I'm well chuffed. Cheers bro!

Thrash
3rd December 2011, 11:37 PM
Many thanks. I'm well chuffed. Cheers bro!

No probs... Is that Grooverider set definitely from '91? Thought this was released around April '92?

Jaystretch
4th December 2011, 01:15 AM
Think so mate. I've been on a couple of sites which state that the event was '91. Could be wrong though so don't take my word for it. It's a class set though. One of the best from that era. I've got another tape which I was given to me in
'91. One side is Grooverider (confirmed by the MC). It's got very similar track selection and set order. The other side is absolutely class but I've got no idea who the DJ is! I was told it's Sasha @ an early warehouse rave but I'm not sure. It starts with with a female vocal, laid over Aphex Twin - Digeridoo and then progresses to through a whole load of tunes I've never heard in any other set. There are only 2 other tracks I recognise, Jesus Loves the Acid by Ecstasy Club and 4 Hero's Mr Kirk's Nightmare near the end. Any idea who that might be?

pluto
4th December 2011, 01:29 AM
Loads of Dj's back then had the white lable or even a dub plate well before the release so it could be from 91

Thrash
4th December 2011, 09:52 AM
Loads of Dj's back then had the white lable or even a dub plate well before the release so it could be from 91

Yeah, I realise that but no promo's or white labels of this on cogs? Also everyone was playing this around April/May '92 so to have a copy in '91 is pretty impressive, especially as it was a US release.... :thumbsup:

Edit - found the '91 release.... Breakout's* - Vol II: Between The Grooves (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Breakouts-Vol-II-Between-The-Grooves/release/71646)

:thumbsup: