PDA

View Full Version : early hardcore track with MERRY CHRISTMAS MR LAWRENCE / FORBIDDEN COLORS

datsik88
25th October 2011, 09:56 PM
Hey, I'm Trying To Identify A Track I Used To Have On Vinyl. I Bought It In 1992, And I'm Sure It Was From 91 Or 92. All I Remember Is It Was Early Hardcore, Very Much In The Style Of The Early Bassment Records Releases. The Sticker On The Vinyl Was Black And White. The Main Thing About This Tune Was It Had A Full Sample Of The Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence (forbidden Colors) Tune By Ryuichi Sakamoto. It Was A Banging Tune For The Time, But I Never Heard It Anywhere Else, Ever! Pretty Sure It Was Track 2 On A 4 Track E.p.
Any Help With This One Would Be Much Appreciated.

firefox demon
26th October 2011, 02:27 AM
Just wondering if your track is this, A Side:

Unknown Artist - Untitled (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Unknown-Artist-Untitled/release/431596)

It's the only one I can think of. Not a 4 track EP, but still......let me know phones:

datsik88
26th October 2011, 11:18 AM
hey, many thanks for your help. I'm 90% sure that this is a diffrent track, but it's very similar. i'm almost positive it was a 4 tracker and it wasn't the main track. It was the only record i ever lent someone. Needless to say i never saw it again!:@

firefox demon
26th October 2011, 12:05 PM
Then perhaps it's this one:

Ent.T. - Dredman (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/EntT-Dredman/release/84990)

Because there's no audio seemingly available on Y/T, here's my MP3 to help confirm (or not!)

I have had to shrink the file size down to upload it here; if you want an MP3 of this the orig one I have is in 192 kbps (assuming this is correct?)

Let me know :thumbsup:

datsik88
26th October 2011, 10:39 PM
Nice one! Never thought i'd hear that track again! Many thanks for the help mate, that's made my day! Any chance you can send me an MP3 of it? I'm really not very up to date with technology so bear with me!

firefox demon
27th October 2011, 03:30 AM
hah! I think the options were few and far between! You're lucky, as I got lucky doing a clean up in my folders and separating tunes and I just stumbled on it whilst listening through my unsorted tracks yesterday......

Are you familiar with mediafire?! I will PM you a link and you can download it from there....ok?

Glad to help :D

datsik88
29th October 2011, 12:31 PM
hi, cheers for the help, i clicked on the link but i don't see how i find the files? i really am bad with computers. i've only just learnt how to copy/paste! haha

firefox demon
30th October 2011, 10:10 AM
sent you another message