PDA

View Full Version : Harri from SubClub -Shanghai Blackpool 92

c2emusic
6th September 2011, 11:21 AM
An absolutely immense mix from Glasgows Harri recorded in 92 at a night called Shanghai in good old Blackpool. Way ahead of it's time. Question is, what are the tracks?

Harri Shanghai Bpool 92 by C2EMusic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/c2emusic/harri-shanghai-bpool-92)

1) Bhundu Boys - Bye Bye (Stembi Dub)
2) Bizarre Inc - I'm Gonna get You (Tee's Urban Dance Mix)
3) East Side Beat - Alive n Kickin (The Ken Wood Dub)
4) Krystal Club - One More Time (Under A Trace Mix)
5) Crunch - 50 Cents (2 Quarters Mix)
6) Tyrell Corporation - One Day
7) Madonna - Deeper & Deeper (Dave Morales mix?)
8) Candido - Jingo (Todd Terry Mix)
9) Sandy B - Makes Me Feel Like Singin
10) World Series Of Life - I Would Give Anything (Sil Piano Dub)
11) Madonna - Erotica (MAW Mix)
12) S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Dub House Mix III)
13) Trilogy - Good Time
14) S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (The Deep House Instrumental?)
15) Dina Caroll - Ain't No Man (Brothers In Rhythm Mix)
16) LaTour - Blue
17) Havanna - Enthic Prayer (Euro Mix?)
18) Smooch - Disco Heaven (Women Respond To Brass)
19)
20) Degrees Of Motion - Do You Want It Right Now (King Street Mix)
21) Bobby Konders - Bad Boy Dance (Dope Mix)
22) Chrome Seduction - A Love Divine (Aural Mix)
23) KWS - Hold Back The Night (Joey Negro KOK mix)
24)
25) Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin Somethin (Brother In Rhythm Mix)
26) Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft

Robbie Chopper
6th September 2011, 12:15 PM
the "one more time" tune sounds like Krystal Club - One More Time. i've never heard this version before though, the big vocal version of this track was a big Zone tune, this is possibly the b side or something ??? i know this record goes for big money though ;)

heres the version that got played at Zone >>> Krystal Club - One More Time (Technical Time) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEYnDEr_zk)

Robbie Chopper
6th September 2011, 12:27 PM
that second one is Cool Jack - Jus' Come (he must be mixing Bizarre Inc over the top of it for just a second)

i thought i might be wrong on this as Cool Jack was released in 96 but a quick check on Discogs and i found this ;) release date 92 so i'm guessing this is the one your looking for :D

Cool Jack - Just Come (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Cool-Jack-Just-Come/release/123671)

c2emusic
6th September 2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Robbie - track two is definitely Bizarre Inc

Bizarre Inc - I'm Gonna Get You (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Bizarre-Inc-Im-Gonna-Get-You/release/120277)

The Todd Terry mix is a mash up of Kashmir, Cool Jack and the Bizarre Inc original.

Robbie Chopper
6th September 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Robbie - track two is definitely Bizarre Inc

Bizarre Inc - I'm Gonna Get You (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Bizarre-Inc-Im-Gonna-Get-You/release/120277)

The Todd Terry mix is a mash up of Kashmir, Cool Jack and the Bizarre Inc original.
ahhh, yeah, just looked it up on youtube, sorry about that, heard Jus Come style riff and thought it was that :$ lol

Noel
6th September 2011, 01:48 PM
Track from 1:21:40 to 1.23.49 is KWS 'Hold Back The Night' (Joey Negro Mix)

24 is I think (Brothers In Rhythm House Mix) ..it's on youtube if you wanna check.

I may know 3 but can't remember...

Robbie Chopper
6th September 2011, 02:08 PM
BTW the Michael Jackson track is the Brothers In Rhythm Remix :thumbsup:

pluto
6th September 2011, 09:45 PM
Isn't 3 East Side Beat - Alive & Kicking (ken wood dub)?

pluto
7th September 2011, 07:57 AM
1hr 04 mins is on the T:me lable

pluto
7th September 2011, 08:00 AM
1hr 19 - Bobby Konders - Bad Boy Dance

Noel
8th September 2011, 01:48 PM
Isn't 3 East Side Beat - Alive & Kicking (ken wood dub)?That's the fucker!!! :thumbsup:

c2emusic
8th September 2011, 10:11 PM
Any ideas which T:ME track it is at 1:04? Really hard to find samples of them online, especially the ones from 92. No idea how you got East Side Beat btw. The Ken Wood Dub sounds nothing like the main track. Unreal.

pluto
9th September 2011, 12:37 AM
:redneck:

c2emusic
9th September 2011, 07:29 AM
Sorry Pluto, didn't mean to offend. I am genuinely blown away by the knowledge you guys have and hugely appreciative of you taking the time to share it. Been looking for these tracks for 19 years without much luck.

pluto
9th September 2011, 07:33 AM
That's ok mate. I'll have a look for it later on today. Loads of vinyl to go through. I may be gone some time ;)

pluto
9th September 2011, 08:18 AM
Found one of them. It's definitely "The Ken Wood Dub"
I have it on this 12"....
East Side Beat - Alive & Kicking / Ride Like The Wind (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/East-Side-Beat-Alive-Kicking-Ride-Like-The-Wind/release/167843)

serfos
12th September 2011, 08:13 PM
Evening all

Track 5 (the one after Krystal club) is one of the mixes of

Crunch - 50 cents on the six foot six label

:wave:

c2emusic
14th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Hi Pluto, yep your right, I even managed to buy on iTunes in the end, great spot.
Serfos - yep that's the badger. I think it's the 2 Quarters mix as it's the only one not posted on YouTube and the other two mixes have more of a rave feel. Great tune, thanks for spotting. :D

pluto
15th September 2011, 12:38 AM
Still looking for the t:me records tune. It's gotta be on 10:92 or 11:92
I remember playing it in Rockshotts,Newcastle in 92. Got it on a tape somewhere from that time.

Noel
16th September 2011, 01:03 PM
I think you have missed a track between 21 & 22.... Chrome Seduction 'A Love Divine (Release Yourself)'

c2emusic
18th September 2011, 12:07 AM
Cheers your right Noel, can't believe I forgot that one. :$ Thanks for pointing that out. Gonna go and get me a copy now.

c2emusic
6th November 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks to everyone who has helped ID most of these tunes. Three to go, anyone any ideas? I've managed to buy everything on Discogs and looking to remake the mix.

pluto
19th November 2011, 02:37 AM
Hello my friend. I found the tune on the T:me lable.
It's... Smooch - Disco Heaven (from T:me 1092)

c2emusic
11th February 2012, 03:03 AM
Hi Pluto
Cheers, yep your right. Managed to get a copy in the UK when I was back a couple of weeks ago.
Only two tracks unidentified now. Must admit I didn't expect so many tracks to get ID'd. Especially when the mix is so old.
Thanks again

pluto
13th February 2012, 11:42 PM
Nice one mate :thumbsup: