PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys..an obscure techno tune played on Greenapple Circa '91

Neurosis
21st June 2011, 09:33 PM
Hey guys! Just discovered this forum..

Jeez, this is going to be tough. Used to have this on a Greenapple tape from '91 but lost it.

Sounds a bit like Robert Armani or Suburban Knight or even Mindscape. But it's a lot more euro hardcore sounding.

Very minimal..plods along at about 130 bpm. Beat starts just as usual 4/4 then at the end of the fourth bar it doubles up, sort of coming to a climax before some little bloke shouts "ooh, yeah" (?) then the beat starts again but with a snare over the top.

When it breaks there is a choral stab: "Oh eh oh" the beat drops back in over the top with a breakbeat over the top.

Third of the way through an 808 bassline starts up, but very quiet. Just sort of bubbles under the mix.

Ha! Clear as mud, eh? Very dark tune..no harmony or melody to speak of. Out around the same time as "Father Forgive Them" by Holy Noise and "Break" by Turntable Terror.

Lob some ideas at me, boys and girls! I have searched for this for yeeeaaarrrrs

jonnyamos
21st June 2011, 11:25 PM
Total stab in the dark but this is what first sprung into my head...worth a try tho... "dop-oh yeah"..?
YouTube - ‪DOP-oh yeah.‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7_n923jnM)

Neurosis
22nd June 2011, 07:50 PM
Nah..the tune is a lot heavier than that. Almost sort of euro hardcore. The little 'yeahs' are quiet and high pitched (think it's James Brown.) Cheers though mate.

Neurosis
26th June 2011, 07:42 PM
Cheers guys, sorted.

cypherism
26th June 2011, 08:25 PM
Cheers guys, sorted.

What is it then ???