PDA

View Full Version : Get Funky

pacman
29th September 2002, 07:41 PM
Classic oldskool hardcore tune, never remembered to get an id on it despite buzzing off it for years:

The break is a 'similar' sound to edge 1, with male vocals "Ge-Ge-Get Funfy, Ge-Ge-Get down".

Shite description I know, sorry but it aint easy to describe.

Help pls peeps!

JAZ
29th September 2002, 08:44 PM
hmmm MDEMM - Get down ????

pacman
30th September 2002, 08:41 PM
Rngs a bell that mate, what year is it cos the one im after I would guess is 92??

JAZ
30th September 2002, 09:05 PM
Its from late 91 but was played loads in 92 as well as it was one of the biggest tunes around, when you said its similar to edge 1 are you sure you dont mean rabbit city 1 as its very similar to that.

pacman
30th September 2002, 09:21 PM
Hmm, the 'break' bit is like Edge 1 - Shite its difficult to explain lol, the 'der,der'der der der der...der.der" oh for feks sake!

wildpitch
30th September 2002, 10:06 PM
Got quite a few MDEMM 12's but not one with this name, I take it y'all know MDEMM is Dave Lee / Joey Negro?

sirius
30th September 2002, 10:15 PM
I always thought it was Mark Ryder who did MDEMM. 'Get down' is very similar to the other one they did (Move your feet?).......Strictly Underground records.

I also thought it was Rabbit City who 'lifted' the riff from Mdemm, not the other way round.............:confused: :phones:.

Sirius.

pacman
30th September 2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by sirius
I also thought it was Rabbit City who 'lifted' the riff from Mdemm, not the other way round.............:confused: :phones:.

Sirius.

Yeah, its gotta be the case mate.

So, do we think MDEMM is me tune??

wildpitch
30th September 2002, 10:23 PM
You're right'ish Sirius. MDEMM was originally Dave Lee and Mark Ryder, I think Dave Lee may of opted out at some point, the few of mine that actually have some writing on give them both credits, and I think all of mine are from 88/89/90.

JAZ
30th September 2002, 11:16 PM
have a listen

http://members.aol.com/jjazone/ids/MDEMMGetDown.rm

pacman
30th September 2002, 11:38 PM
Thats the baby, thanks alot Jaz and everyone else - Appreciated.