PDA

View Full Version : Tune that ALWAYS was mixed in after SIL Windows?

MatTheCat
7th May 2011, 02:54 AM
Can anyone tell me the name of the tune that was practically always mixed into SIL - Windows. The two go that well together that I always thought they were the one and the same track, with the SIL-Windows providing the build up to what followed (the tune I dont no).

M.S.M.L.
7th May 2011, 08:21 AM
by who - where, when....whaaaaaaaaaaat........... wheres a tape rip so we can listen?? upload it to the site pal. if it was that popular someone (you mayeb) must have a copy right??????????????

MatTheCat
7th May 2011, 12:43 PM
by who - where, when....whaaaaaaaaaaat........... wheres a tape rip so we can listen?? upload it to the site pal. if it was that popular someone (you mayeb) must have a copy right??????????????

Like many people, I no longer have any of my old audio casettes so i am afraid i cant upload a copy of the tune.

But it was very very commonly mixed in AFTER this:

YouTube - Sil - Windows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zGOZgYj1Jw)

BUNKERHEADZ
7th May 2011, 01:41 PM
Not much of a help Im afraid, a bit more detailed info could help ya more ;)

ohh and welcome to the site btw :thumbsup:

MatTheCat
7th May 2011, 06:10 PM
Not much of a help Im afraid, a bit more detailed info could help ya more ;)

ohh and welcome to the site btw :thumbsup:

Ok.

It goes..

da da da DAH DAH dadadaDAHda......

:D

I know coming on a forum and asking if anyone knows the name of a tune that was often mixed into another would normally be a long shot, but these two tunes went together like cheese n crackers.

laith179
8th May 2011, 01:16 PM
lee marow da da da dance to the house ??:confused:

elimix
8th May 2011, 04:11 PM
The It - Donnie ???

doolz
8th May 2011, 05:32 PM
t99 - anastasia?

pluto
8th May 2011, 09:22 PM
Rofo's Theme?

MatTheCat
9th May 2011, 09:40 AM
Nope! *4

groovesection
9th May 2011, 10:02 AM
What DJ played it? if you can name the DJ and event there may already be a tracklsit out there to reference

MatTheCat
9th May 2011, 04:30 PM
What DJ played it? if you can name the DJ and event there may already be a tracklsit out there to reference

I have spent hours going through many a tracklist to no avail.

This combination was played very often on Boomerang pirate radio (Edinburgh) circa 1993-94 and I have heard several other mixes with the same combination. In fact, at first I thought the two were the same tune and the first few times I heard Sil -Windows on its own, I would think; why the hell has that stupid dumb-arse DJ played only the build up and mixed ou the crescendo (the mystery tune in question).

I have heard it in a recent old skool mix by one of the Going Back to Our Roots DJs (local Dundee old skool night), I just cant remember which one (and have spent a lot of time scanning available mixes). When/if I nail this sucker, I will be sure to post the result back here.

ADT1974
9th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Matt

you sure its not Lee Marrow - Da Da Da?

Give it a go

groovesection
9th May 2011, 10:05 PM
Already been suggested by laith179

MatTheCat
10th May 2011, 12:23 AM
Matt

you sure its not Lee Marrow - Da Da Da?

Give it a go

I can see where the confusion arises from....

...perhaps silly of me, but my Daddadadada 'description' was intended as a jest as arguably all tunes go da da da da da in a sense (whereas Lee Marrow's tune goes da da da da literaly).

Kingey
11th May 2011, 04:32 PM
LOL, I'm always up for a challenge and this one has eluded me for the three hours Ive gone through mixes with this on it! Nothing comes up regularly!!! Any clues as to what the tune sounds like

M.S.M.L.
11th May 2011, 04:36 PM
wait for a soundclip...

laith179
11th May 2011, 06:11 PM
Holy shit .... been on tune id for many a moon ..... and this is tuff

MatTheCat
11th May 2011, 11:41 PM
LOL, I'm always up for a challenge and this one has eluded me for the three hours Ive gone through mixes with this on it! Nothing comes up regularly!!! Any clues as to what the tune sounds like

Jeez.

Never wanted anyone to go spend any great amount of time on this.....Just thought it might be something that someone might know of the top of thier head..... However, I have spent a hell of a lot of time myself doing the same thing, to no avail.

This tune came back into my head cos I heard it on a mix at my mates house...problem is, he cant remember what mix it was (streamed)...but when I find out...I will be sure to post result and/or soubdclip here.

EDIT: Bugger...just spent another frigging hour trawling around internet after this bloody tune..gffhnmbcaertydsf

DnV
12th May 2011, 08:36 PM
Can anyone tell me the name of the tune that was practically always mixed into SIL - Windows. The two go that well together that I always thought they were the one and the same track, with the SIL-Windows providing the build up to what followed (the tune I dont no).

lol, this thread is mad. My wife ALWAYS mixes this tune out of sil. Going off the lack of description I thought i'd give it a guess

QUASIMODO - LET IT OUT :thumbsup:

Nature Boy
13th May 2011, 04:58 AM
You're wife mixes?! :fekked:

Doc Martin used to always mix Sil - Windows with "Feel It" by Coco Steel and Love Bomb. :confused:

dijital
15th May 2011, 07:26 AM
is it bassheads is there anybody out there?????????

MatTheCat
15th May 2011, 10:45 PM
Nope to all suggestions.

The tune that I mean serves as a real 'take off', to which Sil - Windows serves as the builp up...

I will nail this sonovabith one day.....and when I do, the result I was looking for will appear here.

elimix
15th May 2011, 11:38 PM
Kraze - The party ?

DnV
16th May 2011, 08:34 PM
You're wife mixes?! :fekked:

Doc Martin used to always mix Sil - Windows with "Feel It" by Coco Steel and Love Bomb. :confused:

lol, yes, why so shocked?

MatTheCat
16th May 2011, 11:09 PM
Kraze - The party ?

Cracking tune!

But not the one.

IrishDecH
6th January 2012, 01:59 PM
Hey Mat, I know the tune you're talking about but i've been trying to find out the name of it for over 15 years. It jingles in and before the speech "inter-dimensional masters" etc it goes "Bless you on your journey" then there's a loop of "the-the-the-the-the" in the middle. I also had this tune on tape in the mid 90's and have been searching since. I'll let you know if i ever find it.
Declan

MatTheCat
6th January 2012, 03:02 PM
Hey Mat, I know the tune you're talking about but i've been trying to find out the name of it for over 15 years. It jingles in and before the speech "inter-dimensional masters" etc it goes "Bless you on your journey" then there's a loop of "the-the-the-the-the" in the middle. I also had this tune on tape in the mid 90's and have been searching since. I'll let you know if i ever find it.
Declan

You will be meaning this:

Lumukanda - EMC Squared - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn19yvY34hU)

but that aint the tune I was trying to find with this thread (given up on it now and have never heard it again since)

IrishDecH
6th January 2012, 03:18 PM
Yep, thank you my friend. If ever i hear the one you seek i'll post a reply.

Deeks-E
9th January 2012, 02:27 AM
hi i heard a tune 20 years ago mixed by some local dj.... i dont have a soundclip or a description ...HELP????

MatTheCat
9th January 2012, 07:11 PM
hi i heard a tune 20 years ago mixed by some local dj.... i dont have a soundclip or a description ...HELP????

Aha!

Great to hear from you again Deek!

(obvioulsy you are 'Deek' whom I was at school with)