PDA

View Full Version : Tune IDs from 1993 Florida USA Tape

dmann
7th April 2011, 03:40 AM
Grabbed these from a Chris Gallagher (Florida, USA) tape called Excursions in 1993. Lots of trancy breaky anthems of the day... I was in NYC at the time and never got to ask around for IDs because we were all listening to house :D

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. If you only listed to one sample, please listen to #5, it is definitely at the top of my id/want list.

I am always humbled when I cruise through posts here hoping to help someone out and realize that even though I have been DJing since 1992 there is a tooooon of music out there I have never heard.

1 Evolution ~ Metropolis (Can't Stop The Feeling Mix)
5 DJ Emma - The Duster (FOAD Mix)
6 ? Remix of Scarlett Beautiful / Beloved / Jon Marsh ?
7 Black Girl Rock - "The Theme"
8 ORGAN, MUSICAL CLOCKS & BOXES - Still (Two Guys With A Purpose Mix)
9 Crunch - "50c"
10 Boomshanka - "Do You Have The Power?"

ComaProject
7th April 2011, 08:17 AM
1 = Evolution ~ Metropolis (Can't Stop The Feeling Mix)

M.S.M.L.
7th April 2011, 10:40 AM
6 "oh its beautiful' is jon marsh singing - so a remix of a tune by 'the beloved' - cant recall which one sorry.

M.S.M.L.
7th April 2011, 10:42 AM
7 is 'black girl rock' the theme (d.ream under a different name!)

dmann
7th April 2011, 02:33 PM
6 "oh its beautiful' is jon marsh singing - so a remix of a tune by 'the beloved' - cant recall which one sorry.

You guys are quick, thanks for the updates! I am compiling the official artist/release names in the original message for posterity.

Oh, found the original song on YouTUbe... Scarlet Beautiful by The Beloved... That sample repeats at the end... No luck on this particular mix on YouTube yet but getting ready to comb Discogs.com for a bit to see if anything turns up.

M.S.M.L.
7th April 2011, 06:26 PM
that's it - 'scarlet beautiful' - off of the happiness album - an amazing old album!!!

spaceface
9th April 2011, 06:01 AM
10 is Boomshanka - Do You Have The Power? (http://www.discogs.com/Boomshanka-Do-You-Have-The-Power/release/80639)

spaceface
9th April 2011, 06:06 AM
have you got a longer clip of 8, or are there any vocals in the track? i've defo got it, but i can't for the life of me remember what it is. its driving me nuts.

Stuck_in_Aahz
9th April 2011, 09:05 AM
8 is Organ, musical clock and boxes - Still. An absolutely amazing tune!

Stuck_in_Aahz
9th April 2011, 09:11 AM
9 is Crunch - 50c

spaceface
9th April 2011, 01:15 PM
8 is Organ, musical clock and boxes - Still. An absolutely amazing tune!

good job, that was never going to come to me today :thumbsup:

dmann
13th April 2011, 02:45 PM
Wow thanks very much all. Updated the original message with what has been IDed so far ... luckily a lot of this is available on YouTube so I am finally able to hear the whole unmixed tracks.

Interesting to see the labels, artists, and producers. Some I am very familiar with (Boomshanka, Chez Damier) but had no idea they were involved with some of these tracks.

dmann
24th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Found #5, DJ Emma "The Duster". Should have know it was a DiY track :)