PDA

View Full Version : Tune id's

Dj Britalian
24th September 2002, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

i have been away for a while due to my b!"£$%% internet & computer being prehistoric and not allowing me access.

Any way here are a few for iding:

Tune 1: Take on Higher

This one starts with a lovely synth piano section with a bird singing 'Take on higher, higher, dont you wanna go round' repeated until the chorus, which samples Anita Adams 'Movin up & down, movin all around, up out, uuuhhhhhhhh ooooout' then it continues with 'Take on higher, higher, dont you wanna go round, Take on higher, higher, ha ha ha'

Tune 2: Hold Me

I think this is by Velvet but i am not %100 sure, starts with the female lyric 'Holding on for lover baby love' over a piano, the chorus goes 'Hold me, holding on for lover baby, love me, love me with your kiiiissssss'.

Tune 3: Move Your Feet

This sounds like Fargetta, starts with beat and woman singing 'Babeeeeeey, babeeeeeey, Move your feeeeeet' then a synth guitar riff joins. The chorus is taken from Rockin for myself. Then the lyric 'Naaaanaaaa naaaa naaa, move your feeet'. Near the middle a piano drops in with a woman screeching 'yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh, eaaaaaaaaaah, rockin for myself'.

Tune 4: Hard Up

Theres not much to say about this one except it sounds like its just an instrumenal?? Does anybody know of one called this??

Tune 5: Nasty Rhythm

This is a slower version of the Sy kick rmx, i think it could be the original Sykick?? it is not the PKA nasty rhythm. It has that 'Hip,bop & diddley bop bow' then it goes 'let the nasty rhythmmmmm' then comes the piano break. The lyric 'the sounds in the air will make you move & move, the sounds in the air will make you move'. It is also quite ravey.

All help is muchly apreciated

Cheers

wildpitch
24th September 2002, 12:57 PM
Not at home at the moment so I can't check but I'm reasonably sure of....

#1 - Jennifer Lucas - Take On Higher??
#2 - Velvet
#3 - ??
#4 - Haven't a clue but for some reason the name Second Chance comes to mind.
#5 - I must have more than a dozen 12"s with some of these bits in, Jepson is the only name I can think of at the mo.

sweet sensation
24th September 2002, 01:21 PM
Agree with wildpitch for Jennifer Lucus for no 1

Is no 3 not 49ers - Move Your Feet ??

No 4 can either be Second Chance or Awesome Three, Ive heard both and to be honest I cant tell the difference...:axe: I have the Awesome Three one on A & M an it has hard core mix on it and uproar mix and theres not much diff in them either !! :crazy:

Cant really help with the other 2 Im afraid...:S

Biskit
24th September 2002, 01:53 PM
No.5 could be 'X-Static - Free' (Production house recs)

Biskit
24th September 2002, 01:57 PM
Hmmmm - No.3 :confused: 'Fat-so E.p' :confused:

Dj Britalian
24th September 2002, 02:13 PM
Sweet,

think you are right there, there music does sound similar come to think of it:axe:

I dont think it is Xstatic but it does use those lyrics,

might have to chance that fat so ep (strange name)

Cheers for all your help:D

pacman
24th September 2002, 02:35 PM
3 Is deffo 49'ers - Move your Feet. The fat so ep doesnt have the "Nah Nah Nah Naahhh" bit in it :D

VinylAnimal
24th September 2002, 10:24 PM
1. Jennifer Lucas "Take On Higher" (ZYX) # ZYX 6716
2. Velvet "Hold Me" (Tam Tam) # TTT 43
3. 49'ers "Move Your Feet" (Media) # MR 580 & (ZYX) # 6706
4. Awesome 3 "Hard Up" (A&M) # AMY 591 (some peeps know it as being by Second Chance - dunno why :confused:)
5. Erm... Erm....

Ta ra for a bit :D

Biskit
24th September 2002, 10:39 PM
Frank de Wulf did his version of 'Awesome 3's Hard up', which is pretty identical, and released it under the name 'Second chance'. I dont remember 'Awesome 3' being deleted quickly, but it must of, due to Wulfy boy callin' himself 'Second chance', As in...... 'its your 2nd chance to get this choon!!'

lastnightadj
25th September 2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Biskit
Frank de Wulf did his version of 'Awesome 3's Hard up', which is pretty identical, and released it under the name 'Second chance'. I dont remember 'Awesome 3' being deleted quickly, but it must of, due to Wulfy boy callin' himself 'Second chance', As in...... 'its your 2nd chance to get this choon!!'

they are both wicked and its worth getting second chance for the b-side anyway

interestingly enough (to me anyway:p ) both versions of hard up and together - hardcore uproar are based on the John Carpenter's theme tune from Assault on Precinct 13 - classic early 80's video shop fodder

Biskit
25th September 2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
both versions of hard up and together - hardcore uproar are based on the John Carpenter's theme tune from Assault on Precinct 13 - classic early 80's video shop fodder

There were several tunes, british & Italian, that used John Carpenters Bassline from Precinct 13, It was the so called 'IN' bassline at the time!

wildpitch
25th September 2002, 12:14 PM
I'm sure I've actually got more than one of these John Carpenter sampling 12's at home, one of them is imaginatively called Precinct 13 too...:)

Biskit
25th September 2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
one of them is imaginatively called Precinct 13 too...:)

Yes, its Italian, Ive got it to, one of mi favourites! Ive also got another 12", also italian, that uses the bassline + the piano from 'Together - Hardcore Uproar' called....
DOUBLE U by HYPNOTIK (Italian Style) "robbin' Italian Bar stewards!" Still, its a good tune - piano, bassline, bleeps n all!!
Oh, and its produced by Pierre Feroldi, what a surprise!!

sirius
25th September 2002, 06:33 PM
STOP PRESS!!!!!!. Pierre Feroldi Creates Piano Tune Shocker.......lol.

Mnnn Must keep my beady eyes out for that then. :).

Dj Britalian
26th September 2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by VinylAnimal
1. Jennifer Lucas "Take On Higher" (ZYX) # ZYX 6716
2. Velvet "Hold Me" (Tam Tam) # TTT 43
3. 49'ers "Move Your Feet" (Media) # MR 580 & (ZYX) # 6706
4. Awesome 3 "Hard Up" (A&M) # AMY 591 (some peeps know it as being by Second Chance - dunno why :confused:)
5. Erm... Erm....

Ta ra for a bit :D

VA,

I noticed here that Velvet & Jennifer Lucas are not on Italian labels, would i be right in thinking they are not Italian tunes buddy?

ste huxley
26th September 2002, 11:32 AM
They are Ital Gaz but not sure of the Orig labels

I have Lucas on ZYX and Velvet on Tam Tam:$

wildpitch
26th September 2002, 11:50 AM
I've got Velvet on Ital import. I'll check out the details tonight.

Biskit
26th September 2002, 03:55 PM
There were several tunes, british & Italian, that used John Carpenters Bassline from Precinct 13, It was the so called 'IN' bassline at the time!

Another famous tune to use this bassline was...

MEGABLAST - BOMB THE BASS

wildpitch
26th September 2002, 10:38 PM
My copy of Velvet is on trusty old DFC. Cat no DFC033.

Dj Britalian
3rd October 2002, 12:25 PM
Cheers for all your info on this people,

i have to have it on Italian, its an obsession:crazy:

Need to see a doctor really:axe: