PDA

View Full Version : ID Bootleg Lisa Lisa / Sounds of Blackness

mstoddy
3rd January 2011, 05:41 PM
2ND TRY
Hi Folks,
trying to get an ID on these two for Discogs, I have the tune but it is a white label and all I have to go on is the Lisa Lisa vocal on one side and the Sounds of Blackness Testify vocal on the other. I tried uploading after I'd asked for ID's but it wouldn't work so here goes with 2nd try:confused:

Even if you can't ID the tunes, please enjoy - Oh and sorry about wrong speed for a second at start of Lisa Lisa

cypherism
3rd January 2011, 06:43 PM
I've been after one that sounds the same as that Lisa lisa one, from March 1992 !!!!!
I gave up..........
You have no idea how many "Let the beat hit em"s I bought over the years LOL
I am laughing but its not funny, all that money wasted

beathcote
3rd January 2011, 08:01 PM
let me ease your collective pain

Various - Lisa Generates Power / Test This (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Various-Lisa-Generates-Power-Test-This/release/517318)

dodgymix
3rd January 2011, 08:35 PM

Various - Lisa Generates Power / Test This (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Various-Lisa-Generates-Power-Test-This/release/517318)

lol beat me to it,, absolute beast

mstoddy
3rd January 2011, 09:04 PM

Spot on :thumbsup:

Mine is exactly like that but it has nothing stamped on the label??

Cheers for the ID

mstoddy
3rd January 2011, 09:07 PM
I've been after one that sounds the same as that Lisa lisa one, from March 1992 !!!!!
I gave up..........
You have no idea how many "Let the beat hit em"s I bought over the years LOL
I am laughing but its not funny, all that money wasted

Well you can get yourself a copy now, There's 14 on sale at Discogs.

Keep buying the vinyl, you can't beat it. I've tried it all CD's MP3 mixers, nothing comes close to how you put the needle on the record and manipulate away, none of this pushing button rubbish, plane old moving the pitch adjuster and scratching yer choons in :thumbsup:

cypherism
3rd January 2011, 10:05 PM
Snagged one at 2 quid LOL
mstoddy, Your wisdom is understood here........
I use 2 1210s, a Xone 4D, and for non vinyl tracks Traktor Scratch with coded vinyls and Ableton
I have never liked CDs for mixing, never even had a go LOL

mstoddy
4th January 2011, 01:19 PM
Snagged one at 2 quid LOL
mstoddy, Your wisdom is understood here........
I use 2 1210s, a Xone 4D, and for non vinyl tracks Traktor Scratch with coded vinyls and Ableton
I have never liked CDs for mixing, never even had a go LOL

I've used CD decks once and vowed never again, I've used Ableton which is good but, you can't beat the 1200/1210's, I have next to my PC a pair of 1210 MK3 and a Gemini mixer. It's all I'll ever need as It would take me forever and a day to convert all my vinyl to CD/MP3 and I don't want to.

We sing from the same sheet my friend, Glad you got a copy of Lisa Lisa (generates power) it's a belter of a tune. Funny how you look for a tune for ages and all of a sudden somehow it come to you??