PDA

View Full Version : Simon dk help please

buddahnature
2nd January 2011, 11:16 PM
looking for a bounce mix that has "You're Gonna Miss Me" by the Turntable Orchestra on it.

Also wondering whether anyone who was going to bounce back in the day can confirm a story told to me that Simon dk was in the habit of dropping a track called "I'm the needle man" or "Mr needle man"?

Cheers
Simon

ComaProject
3rd January 2011, 12:13 AM
Do you mean this track (see attached).

I always thought it was a DIY Disc tune but I've searched thru my collection and cant find it. Hopefully someone else can help, now they have a clip to listen to.

And I have no idea about the 'needle tune' I'm afraid. Sorry.

buddahnature
3rd January 2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that's it - so long since my tape got knicked that I can't remember whether that's the mix but it's definitely a Turntable Orchestra track - Fila Brazilia did a remix.

Do you by any chance have a DIY mix tape that the track is on?

Cheers
Simon

ComaProject
3rd January 2011, 02:17 PM
Do you by any chance have a DIY mix tape that the track is on?

yeah, that is where the sample is from. I took it some time ago. Been after it for a while.

Tyrie
3rd January 2011, 04:30 PM
I posted up an ID of this track quite recently along with a bunch of other stuff DiY played.
Reckon your sample Coma (and the one I posted) is a different tune, just uses the vocal? - track's off DK July '94 and all the releases of Turntable Orch are '88. Sounds a lot later to me than that & does sound like a DiY Discs/S4G track - something Ged or Damien did perhaps?

Turntable Orch releases here - Turntable Orchestra Discography at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Turntable+Orchestra)
The release on Federal (includes the Fila Brazillia Mix) doesn't have a date, maybe it's on that?

Got my copy of the DK '94 mix off Noah on here. I'd forward it on but ain't very good with stuff like that.....

buddahnature
6th February 2011, 10:06 PM
I posted up an ID of this track quite recently along with a bunch of other stuff DiY played.
Reckon your sample Coma (and the one I posted) is a different tune, just uses the vocal? - track's off DK July '94 a

Got my copy of the DK '94 mix off Noah on here. I'd forward it on but ain't very good with stuff like that.....

the date is exactly right - at least I know where I might track the mix down now.

Many thanks

Cheers
Simon