PDA

View Full Version : '92 Amnesia 'Book Of Love' Old Skool ID

Gold Fingerz
2nd November 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi folks :wave:,

I'm trying to complete the tracklisting for Jumping Jack Frost's set at the famous '92 Amnesia/Nemesis 'Book Of Love' event during which the legendary Mickey Lynas (RIP) was married.

I only need the 7th track ID'ing as I've already nailed the rest. The tune is mixed after Precious X's 'Dukkha' which is then rewound over the tune I need ID'ing.

Thanks for taking time to read/listen. Your help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Gold Fingerz

Raoul Moore
3rd November 2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Fella I know you think I was wrong about it being speedy j pullover when I replied on discogs but I had this tune which I instantly recognised that JJ frost played it at the rez. Although I know its not the original (which you already know) I havent been able to get hold of the actual version either you can hear that it has the the same riff as pullover which isnt coming from dukkha, I admit it might not be pullover but I am pretty sure it is by speedy j either a remix of pullover another speedy j tune or a speedy j remix of another tune but speedy j sounds a likely source for this tune. As I cant remember 100% what the version I had went like I cant be 100% sure that this was exactly the same version, but it was played on the rez tape of which I only needed (to my recollection) 2 tracks of which this was not one of them. So either it is speedy J or I have this track some where and I am getting mixed up through the fogs of time, but I will endeavour to remember or find out.

Hope you get some luck I will try to find it if I can :)

Gold Fingerz
18th November 2010, 05:17 PM
Hello again folks! :wave:

I'm not really having much luck with this ID as it seems I'm still no closer to identifying it. :confused:

Based on Raoul's comments I've now trawled through & listened to every 'Pullover' remix I can find from 91/92 even a few from early 93 but no joy. :'(

The beat DOES sound like 'Pullover' and so does the synth riff at times (albeit a bit warped) so it's still possible I guess.

Can anyone shed any more light or make any further suggestions on this? Perhaps someone out there might recognise it from a DJ mix which I can try to find a playlist for...

...thanks again for taking time to look! :thumbsup:

Gold Fingerz