PDA

View Full Version : Piano Acid House Tune from 1990

OldSkoolLover88
24th October 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been searching (off and on for 20 years) for an Acid house track that I heard on Dance FM in 1990. I assume it was released the same year. The DJ (can't remember which one) mixed it into the end of Bam Bam's 'Where's your child?'

It starts with a slow piano (single chord striking every 2 bars) before breaking into a piano break, not dissimilar to Strings of Life, but in a higher octave. All the while there is a heavy acid bassline behind the piano, in the same vein as the one in Acid Thunder.

After a few bars the tune breaks down and a male voice says something like "break the water, break the water, break the waves... (or 'sail the waves??')"

And that's all I remember... It obviously had an effect on me, I can never hear 'Where's your child' without expecting that piano to be mixed in!

Thanks in advance for any light shed on this!

OldSkoolLover88

jaydjay
28th October 2010, 10:04 PM
mate that tune may be called piano acid.im looking for a tune that used to get played back in 89.it had a a guy saying "are you on some sort of trip" then a guy saying "this is a trip that never seems to end and goes know where" and after that in the back ground it had someone going "aciiiiiiiied" and that was chopped up and slowed down a little.its done my head in for 21 years now lol.let me know if thats the tune your after is piano acid.
cheers
jay

doolz
29th October 2010, 07:56 AM
could this be
tyree - acid over

serveral of the mixes have piano all the way through

YouTube - Tyree - Acid Over (Tyree's Mix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Xol8dQ5fo)

OldSkoolLover88
29th October 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses - I can't find anything called 'Piano Acid' anywhere. Any idea who the artist was?

The Tyree tune is very similar to the one I'm after - but the one I remember is more of a pumping acid tune..

cheers.