PDA

View Full Version : mystery track i kept hearing in 70's spanish discos...?

wilberforce
27th July 2010, 11:59 PM
dear members

back in the mid-70's whilst i was on holiday with my family in lloret-de-mar or somewhere on the costa brava, i was hanging out in local nightclubs where i kept hearing this disco tune with male vocals in (i think) spanish

i've put together this crude reconstruction from memory - hoping someone out there will recognise it!

thanks
wilberforce

BUNKERHEADZ
28th July 2010, 09:30 AM
It does rings a bell far away..but, damn m8, why aint ya making toonz, this already sounds funky as hell :thumbsup:

wilberforce
28th July 2010, 10:25 AM
i used to make my own music, but never knew how to get any of it released commercially - i've put a sample of one of my own tracks here if anyone's interested in listening...

can't be bothered these days - just a listener now...

if anyone can ID that spanish disco track i would really appreciate it - it's been 30-odd years since i last heard it but better late than never ha ha!

w

BUNKERHEADZ
28th July 2010, 12:28 PM
I shall pass yer link of yer unknown to a friend of mine who might know it.

and that other tune, WOW! :D

Like it a lot man, good 70's feeling and dare I say it, it sounds like a Patrick Adams tune and thats a good compliment :thumbsup:

wilberforce
28th July 2010, 01:28 PM
dear bunkerheadz

thanks for the compliment on "country club" - it was actually recorded in the mid-90's using only synthetic means, but yeah, it was done as an homage to the 70's disco scene!

if you're interested in hearing the full-length version, then email me and i'll send the mp3 as attachment: gavunder@hotmail.co.uk

wilberforce

gabibbo
12th October 2010, 11:56 AM
It's Boney M - "Ma Baker", right?????

wilberforce
13th October 2010, 05:17 PM
It's Boney M - "Ma Baker", right?????

you're having a laugh, right?????

if you're serious, then thanks but it's definitely not boney m!
i heard "ma baker" a thousand times (well maybe not quite that much) when it was a hit in the uk, whereas i never heard the track i'm enquiring about other than on holiday in spain...

maybe my interpretation sounds like boney m though :o