PDA

View Full Version : Progressive House Choons, one samples Logic - Celebrate life vocal!

mixotic
19th July 2010, 09:16 AM
The first one is from 1992 and samples logic - celebrate life(music and emotion, our life) it might be a remix, but i couldn't find this mix.

the next two are from 93-94 and i have a lead that one might be on the UMM lable, and the other is called sleeping time is over, but i cant find any releases on discogs with that name?

Thank you in advance... these really are the cream of the crop!

divbyzero
19th July 2010, 03:12 PM
Hi mixotic, the first sounds like a version of Double FM - The Sound Of Amnesia, not sure which mix is it, almost sure is it :D

YouTube - Double FM - The Sound Of Amnesia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfJdG08dYis)

twiceage
19th July 2010, 03:26 PM
the other is called sleeping time is over
maybe one of the mixes of: The Island Groove - Sleepin' Time Is Over

mixotic
19th July 2010, 04:42 PM
you are both correct.. thank you very much!

these tracks are off Chris Sick - Charmed, which is one of my favorite mixtapes from the guy who started the rave scene here in utah in 92'

this tape also has my favorite track of all time The Whims ' Somewone who can'(undertrance mix). "feva call me back at 9..9..9..9..9" i used to go nuts to that track, a true underground classic.

if anyone wants a copy of this tape let me know and i will host it for downloading.

only one left to ID "maybe umm 1994"

MrWigan
10th September 2011, 04:50 PM
You have to thank spaceface for the id. He id-ed this one from my unknowns.

Sleeping time is over.mp3 = Fanny Cadeo - Pecame (Joe T Vannelli Dubby Mix)

mixotic
25th May 2012, 10:59 PM
You have to thank spaceface for the id. He id-ed this one from my unknowns.

Sleeping time is over.mp3 = Fanny Cadeo - Pecame (Joe T Vannelli Dubby Mix)

Confirmed!!
The incorrect youtube version threw me off for a sec, but then i found your thread MrWigan and figured it all out.

Now the only one left is the, Maybe UMM 1994. When i talked to chris sick he said he thought one of the tunes was called sleepin time is over so now i think this one might actaully be one of the mixes off this
http://www.discogs.com/Island-Groove-The-Sleepin-Time-Is-Over/release/1282306

most likely one of the dub mixes if its the right tune,
Anyone have this to confirm?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

mixotic
27th May 2012, 06:37 AM
i sent a message to island groove, and they said it's not sleepin time is over, but he said that he's pretty sure the vocal is Joe Robers, which was a solid tip.

after searching all his releases i finally figured out its one of the two dub mixes off this. http://www.discogs.com/Joe-Roberts-Come-Together/release/355406

I have only been able to hear the the city light mix, but the beat is exactly the same as my sample, and the vocals snippits match up.
Just ordered it for $6 off discogs : )

two of these tracks were Joe T. Vannelli remixes and it makes sense because the two mix together so smoooooth is the mix. He made some of the best underground house dubs.