PDA

View Full Version : Thru The Night 1991 Strictly Underground

Martin91
6th March 2010, 12:51 PM
I have a white label which appears to be on Striclty Underground, as the engraved Cat.No is STU R12.
However the discogs listing for this seems to be a different record altogether. Also, it doesn't really match the style of many other Strictly Underground releases of the time.

The track I am trying to ID is on the B-Side, and when I bought it, it had "Thru The Night" written on it in texta. Which is what the sample in the track says (Take Me Through The Night)
It is almost certainly made in 1991, as it was played on an end of year radio show in Melbourne back then.

It would be nice to identify the vinyl so I know exactly what it is. Any help much appreciated thanks

Martin91
6th March 2010, 01:03 PM
The catalog number on the vinyl actually appears asf:
STUR 12

twiceage
6th March 2010, 04:11 PM
so the b-side is clearly Noise Engineer - Thru' The Night
but you didn't speak about A-side , is it Noise Engineer - Jelly Wobble ?

Martin91
7th March 2010, 12:28 AM
Great call, thanks so much for clearing this up. There is nothing on the record mentioning Noise Engineer or Jelly Wobble, so I thought I had a mispressed 12", or there were 2 different pressings of STUR 12.

As it is, either of those options is still possible, because the discogs listing mentions Jelly Wobble Mix 1 & Mix 2. Which is not what I have. The only place to locate Thru The Night is on the SU compilation where it is listed as Unreleased. I guess the A-Side track is Jelly Wobble. Don't have the record with me presently.

Now I think of it, I was confused also because whoever owned the record before had written "Hyperspace - Thru The Night" on the label.

twiceage
7th March 2010, 10:21 AM
hi ,
perhaps you 've really got a white version of this discogs STUR 12 , perhaps that " jelly wobble (mix 2) " stands for " this is the second track of "Noise engineer - Jelly Wobble EP " perhaps this is "Thru' The Night" (only a discogs contributor can know ...)