PDA

View Full Version : Gabber/Bouncy Techno ID

Jamie_P
5th February 2010, 10:56 AM
Been listerning to Lenny Dee at Vibealite (October 94) and he drops the following tune which has had me stumped for years!

Tune starts with the following lyrics (sampled from the Beastie Boys – Slow Ride) but are sped up....

I got money - I got juice
I got to the party and I got loose
I got rhythm - I got rhymes
I got the girlies with the Def behinds
I got ill - I got busted
I got dust and I got dusted
I got gold - I got funky
I got the new dance - they call the Brass Monkey

I used to hear it alot at Diehard during '95 (downstairs!) and Clarkee used to play it aswell. Its quite a bouncy number with a catchy riff which stuck in my head! (Not going to try and write that thou!)

Apologies for the terrible description but any ideas please?

Tapes I have it on are,

Lenny Dee - Vibealite - (Enters the Jungle in Search of the Technodrome) - 10th October 1994 (3rd track on side 1 after Two Terrorists - I come from Brooklyn)

Clarkee - Dance Planet Detonator ?- 23-07-1995

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
:D:D

C14ru5
5th February 2010, 01:03 PM
What tempo are we talking about? I vaguely remember Chosen Few sampling Beastie Boys, but that tune was at around 180 BPM and what you describe seems to be more around 140 BPM.

Jamie_P
5th February 2010, 02:54 PM
The tempo was probably more on the higher side bpm as the Clarkee tape I have it on is mixed in with his usual mid '95 Ruffneck, Rotterdam, Dwarf, BZRK etc stuff.

witteskoiier
27th February 2010, 05:31 PM
It has to be this one Powdered Toastman - Wakka Makka (http://www.discogs.com/Powdered-Toastman-Powdered-Toastman-EP/release/179536)

Jamie_P
5th February 2013, 03:02 PM
Here's the youtube link to Lenny's set at Vibealite (October 94)
Lenny Dee @ Vibealite 'Venue 44' - 14.10.94 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmzCXOE4HYM)
If anyone could kindly confirm that the unidentified track after Two Terrorists - I come from Brooklyn is Powdered Toastman?
Cheers :-)

Jamie_P
5th February 2013, 03:07 PM
BTW the track is 05.55 into the set. (3rd tune in)