PDA

View Full Version : nedd help id 'ing a couple of tunes

eders
6th September 2002, 09:33 PM
ok guys and gals

could anyone tell me the name of the artist who mixed annie lennox's sweet dreams and little bird tracks. i think n-joi did the first but not sure of the second track.

any help what be tops ty

eders
:phones:

Biskit
6th September 2002, 09:37 PM
Didn't Utah Saints 'av summit to do with the mixes?!?

sirius
6th September 2002, 10:18 PM
N-Joi did the little bird remix............SweetDreams was somebody like Dj Scott also Pianoman did one too...........

Sirius

Zoneraver
6th September 2002, 10:36 PM
I defintly know for certain that Utah Saints did a version of annie lennox's little bird as ive got the vinyl somewhere

Not sure about sweet dreams though although DJ scott did a version that was released on a stepping out records promo

Alan

www.backtotheoldzone.co.uk

sirius
6th September 2002, 11:35 PM
Perhaps there was also another mix by UtahSaints....I cant be bothered finding mine cos its beddy-byes, but its the promo and may have Utah on the bside.

I know Utah Saints sampled Annie Lennox's previous stuff (didnt they?), like in Something Good.....

Ive only seen DjScott aand pianoman do Sweat Dreams, but theres probably others.

See ya,

sirius.

Jonno
7th September 2002, 08:55 AM
Little Bird was remixed by N Joi, Utah Saints and Todd Terry. Opinion is divided as to which is the best mix - by peeps on this site anyhow. I've gotta say I'm firmly on the Utah Saints side - their mix is absolutely amazing. Quality track.

As for Sweet Dreams, I don't know about later mixes but THE mix was always the Nightmare Mix. It's the one that's got the sample of a bloke going "behold here comes the dream, let us sleep, and we shall see what will become of his dreams". It was done by Dave Angel and Dave Dorell. It was a big warehouse tune.

oldskooldazed (al)
7th September 2002, 09:50 AM
Nitemare mix - Chooooooooooooooooooooooon

Brothers in rhythm also did remix of little Bird and sweet dreams
for DMC

al

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hutty
7th September 2002, 09:57 AM
I'm sticking the Dj Scott version (White Label) of sweetdreams on E'bay tommorow. If any 1 want's 2 make us an offer pm me or mail.

(Sorry butty couldn't decide whether 2 start a new thread with it or not with it bein summet 4 sale!)

R J
7th September 2002, 11:23 AM
The original remix of Sweet Dreams was the Nightmare Mix done by Dave Dorrell and Dave Angel.

The more recent remix which has been around on white label was done by TACT .

The most popular and hammered mix of little bird was the Utah Saints mix .

Taff64
7th September 2002, 11:26 AM
recent techno mix on white label is one of my fav modern tunes... bassline rocks!!:D

BRADDY
7th September 2002, 11:44 AM
i have the dj scot sweet dreams (pianoman remix ) but its not the annie lennox sweet dreams its the la bouche version ("sweet dreams of rhythm and dancing sweet dreams when we hold each tight").
there may be annie lonnex version which i havent heard.

VinylAnimal
8th September 2002, 07:06 PM
You're all wrong :o

The "House of Todd" mix is :king: of :king: :king: :king:

Lol ;)

Mines on RCA Eders mate. Not the most fashionable of labels I know, but hey I'm happy with her :thumbsup:

ANNIE LENNOX "LITTLE BIRD EP" # RCA12883

LITTLE BIRD (N'JOI VERSION)
LITTLE BIRD (HOUSE OF TODD MIX)
LITTLE BIRD (UTAH SAINTS MIX)
LITTLE BIRD (ORIGINAL VERSION)

It's gotta be one of em :hubba:

PS. I'm not been a clever **** this one was sat on me deck when I read this post :D :D I do like this one (and it's a beauty for bringing you "back up" the day after ;))

If you like the track then this EP is worth buying. All the mixes are A1 (IMO) :thumbsup:

Hehehehe "House of Todd" mix is top man though :D ;)

eders
15th September 2002, 06:28 PM
well thanks for the replys everyone , loads helpful

best of british

eders