PDA

View Full Version : Just 1 wee id to make my year - SHOOBY DO

J.D
11th December 2009, 07:58 PM
This is '92 at the latest.

It could ahve been the on strictly, it could have been on emotive - its that kind of deep sound.

bassline is quite bouncy, energentic and uplifitng. but its deep house.

Vocal sample "shooby doo, doo doo doo... shooby doo doo doo"

[repeated a lot]

some quite dark strings appear later on.

I havnt got a sample as someone nickied my tape and ive only heard this tune once ever - on that tape.

its cool as fuck and if you like deep house and have heard it youll remember it.

ANY ideas?

Thanks!

presuminged
12th December 2009, 02:12 AM
Sounds like Norty Boy presents Black Bishop -Shoo B Doo from 1992. Ed
Norty Boy - Norty Boy Presents Black Bishop (LP) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Norty-Boy-Norty-Boy-Presents-Black-Bishop/release/395996)

ComaProject
12th December 2009, 11:50 AM
Reckon you mean this...

Tyrrel Corporation - Going Home (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Tyrrel-Corporation-Going-Home/release/177917)

YouTube - Tyrrel Corporation - Going Home (Scatt Mix) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xls_w55SQ3k)

presuminged
12th December 2009, 12:56 PM
Well spotted Comaproject. That was the tune I was thinking of when I listened to the youtube, so I was way off. Ed

ComaProject
12th December 2009, 09:59 PM
Well spotted Comaproject.

No worries.

Did you also know that The Tyrell Corporation was the name of the company in Blade Runner that created the androids. I only made the connection a few months back when i watched it again. Quite interesting... kinda.

J.D
13th December 2009, 11:52 AM
thanks for all this - sounds v promising. checked out the scatt mix - def right vocal but matbe not that mix i had in mind. getting close though so cheers :)

that norty boy record sounds cool too though - and im intrigued cos another big want of mine, from the same tape as 'shoobi doo' has a sample "muzik" on it - also a track on that lp. maybe just a coincidence.

ill try and out a sample up...

thanks again fellas

J

J.D
13th December 2009, 11:53 AM
thanks for all this - sounds v promising. checked out the scatt mix - def right vocal but matbe not that mix i had in mind. getting close though so cheers :)

that norty boy record sounds cool too though - and im intrigued cos another big want of mine, from the same tape as 'shoobi doo' has a sample "muzik" on it - name of a track on that lp. maybe just a coincidence tho..

thanks again fellas

J

Noel
15th December 2009, 02:01 PM
Here a clip of the Saxy Mix...

J.D
15th December 2009, 07:21 PM
thank noel

yeah - thats the vocal - but defeinately not that mix.

good mix tho..

J.D
15th December 2009, 11:57 PM
its none of the other tryrell corp mixes either. that the vocal sample though

and its definatelyt not the norty boy lp, although theres some great tunes on there.

ah well, search for one gem.. find another!

wish i had a sample to post. can prob knock something up on reason as i know the bline inside out (and ive got the vocal now)!
J

J.D
26th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Bump

Any ideas? its definitely the same vocal used in Going Home - Tyrell Corp (scatt mix is best to hear it on) - but maybe the TC sampled that vocal from somewhere else in turn...

cheers

Nature Boy
27th December 2011, 01:04 AM
Could it be the Accadubbwise Mix mixed with another track??

J.D
27th December 2011, 11:41 PM
thanks, but fraid not - the only vocal in my tune is 'shooby do, do do do...' over and over. its definately a record in its own right.

Tyrie
28th December 2011, 05:50 PM
Not this?
More Scooby than Shooby but a decent deep house track from '93 nonetheless....

Pequena Habana - Pickin' Up Transmissions (Groovin' Cuban Mix) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtTfaGF5DtA&feature=related)

J.D
3rd January 2012, 03:25 PM
Great track indeed...but not the one Im after.

Happy 2012 all.