PDA

View Full Version : 8 techno tracks from '93-94

tepes
24th July 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

Do you guys recognize these tunes? They are from a techno mix I recorded in 1994. The other tracks, I could identify, but there are 8 that I'm missing information about.
To me it sounds like track 6 is by Robin 'Jaydee' Albers.

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

ravebuster25
24th July 2009, 01:31 PM
Hy my friend ;)
track 8 = Dyewitness - Hardcore Deejay
It was my favourite hardcore band from early '90 ;) (with 2 guys and two girls) They have very very good tracks more ;)

ravebuster25
24th July 2009, 01:35 PM
one more thing; use rather to discogs.com, that is much better forums as this...it's my opinion

tepes
24th July 2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Ravebuster25 :)

That was quick :thumbsup: Thanks!
I'll check Discogs forum, too!

Paul Zykotik
24th July 2009, 03:20 PM
I think these would be better posted in the Trance forum if you haven't already mate.

And in my opinion I get a much better hit rate on my unknowns on this site than I do on Discogs...but if you use them both then you've got a much better chance of getting it solved ;)

C14ru5
24th July 2009, 06:36 PM
track3.mp3:

N.A.D. - Habibi Halua E.P. (http://www.discogs.com/NAD-Habibi-Halua-EP/release/88569) on Le Petit Prince.

This tune is one of the greatest surprises that I ever came across when buying records. Amidst two totally goofy and weird tracks, I found this beautiful hard acid trance. Too bad that it ends in the Dominant key (D minor) instead of going back to the Tonic (G minor) - the listener is kept in suspense rather than completing the circle. Anyway, enough music theory geek-talk for now. :rotate:

Note: On both versions of the E.P and on my copy, the track is B1 "Return Of the Fly", although the vocals suggest that it should have been A1 "Habibi Hailu". There is a differently mastered (with less deep-end bass) version on Esprit De La Jeunesse (http://www.discogs.com/Various-Esprit-De-La-Jeunesse/release/104556) which is called "Habibi Halua" there. Call it what you want, I've given up trying to decide what to call the track.

tepes
24th July 2009, 08:05 PM
Many thanks, C14ru5 for the ID and all the info :thumbsup: After 15 years it's finally identified!

Paul, thanks for the suggestions ;)