PDA

View Full Version : Tamara - "Liquid Air" mix from Hyperreal.org 16/10/1993

Prime_Movements
18th July 2009, 04:07 AM
Just stumbled upon this vintage progressive mix from the Hyperreal archive way back in 1993. I think I first listened to this back in about 1997 when horrible, tinny Real Audio files were the standard form of encoding music. Those were the days... :D

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone out there might know the names of any of these tracks. There's a mixture of spacey progressive house, trance, acid & breaks. Some really obscure tracks in here.

Would especially love to know the first tune coming in, and the ones at 9.43, circa 15 mins, 21 mins and 25.24.

The quality here is absolutely awful as might be expected from ancient Real Audio but some of these tunes are top notch.

Here's the link: http://djsets.hyperreal.org/rm/19931016!TAMARA.rm

I totally love this trippy pan-pipe tune at around 25.24. Sounds a bit like some oldskool Leftfield tune using a sample of a track on Cleveland City called B-Line - Herbal hand. Deep, trancey, tribal & right up my street.

Also if you're up for it, there's another wicked prog/trance set on the same page from Gary Brennan. Has a few memorable tunes from the time in there like Undergraduates - Funk on Up, Country & Western - Reincarnation & Slam - Positive Education

http://djsets.hyperreal.org/rm/19931017!BRENNAN_GARY.rm

Would love to know the name of the tune at around 6.20, been after this one for years since I heard Jody Wisternoff play it back in 93.

Any help with these would be really appreciated. :)

SANDOZ25
18th July 2009, 10:46 AM
Hi.. The track at 25.24 is Amorphous Androgynous - Liquid Insects

SANDOZ25
18th July 2009, 10:50 AM
Also recognised Laurent Garnier - Breathless at around 7:00

Prime_Movements
19th July 2009, 02:13 AM
Wkd mate, big thanks for that. Those FSOL guys are prone to some regular moments of genius aren't they? Listening back I should've known it was an FSOL/Amorphous Androgynous tune, it has that signature sound of their early '90s stuff e.g. Indotribe - Owl, Papua New Guinea, Expander etc.

Thanks for the Laurent Garnier ID as well, nice job there.

Any ideas on the eastern tinged trancer at 6.20 in the Gary Brennan mix?

PedroAmor93
19th July 2009, 01:51 PM
I'd love to listen to your samples, but I can't open ra-files.
Can you convert it to mp3 please?