PDA

View Full Version : "Spirits taking me higher" female vocal

Flagger
3rd May 2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry I dont have a clip of this one.

I'll describe it though, its from 1993-1994 and I had it on a Graeme Park tape. It was around the time of "Outrage-theme from outrage"

This tune was a little bit more "progressive" than Park would normally play, it had a sound from the Roland 303 box that was used to make the original acid house stuff. The only vocal was female....... "Spirits taking me higher" no other vocals were present.

A killer tune that I didnt hear anybody else throw down and never got the name of, now the tape is long gone but that track is still in my head. Its one of the very few that I havent identified yet, its my holy grail if you like;)

Best of luck to you guys, I know you lot are pretty sharp:thumbsup:

stu w
4th May 2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Flagger,
I know the one you mean. It's on a Graeme Park Hacienda set from Jan 94 that I've got.
I don't have this on vinyl, but I'd take a look at
Transformer 2 - Spirits and see if that's it..
Hope that helps,
Stu

beathcote
4th May 2009, 04:32 PM
its called The Spirit - The Spirit
it's a mike koglin alias

Spirit, The (2) - The Spirit (Into Your Hands, I Command My Body) (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Spirit-The-Spirit-Into-Your-Hands-I-Command-My-Body/release/200108)

Also features on Keoki's JDJ Mix, which i highly recommend
pm me 4 a copy of the mix, ben

beathcote
4th May 2009, 04:37 PM
ps i'd give you the vinyl but i love it so :heart:

beathcote
4th May 2009, 05:02 PM
this is the badboy

Flagger
4th May 2009, 05:56 PM
Feeeeeckiiiiiin A!

Thats the fella, damn that sounded sweet over a big system back then.
Thanks for your help Stu, that tape you have, the Outrage track I mentioned "theme from outrage" it mixes in after this this.
I bet its the same tape I had, I had about 200 from the Hac, GP and Tom Wainwright....all vanished in a burglary:'(

Beathcote, you the man!:thumbsup:

Now I'm not looking for the vinyl, but would love to get hold of that mix in full lenght as mp3, I wonder if you could help me with that? :p I've been looking for that for years, so help a man out eh? :wave: