PDA

View Full Version : Buy some sh*t from detroit - Juan atkins

stevee0303
24th April 2009, 03:21 PM
Hey there:wave:

I'm hoping someone can help me track down audio of a sample or interview where Juan Atkins states,

Are you down with the underground???
If you gonna call it techno, Know what techno is....
Buy some shit from detroit and then you'll find out.

Dave clarke used it throughout his 1995 essential mix so it must have been from before that, if thats any help?

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Stevee0303:spin:

stevee0303
28th April 2009, 02:05 AM
Heres the sample of the ''juan atkins'' vocals i'm looking for, played over a suburban knights track.

It may be available on a sample record as I've heard the sample used on actual releases but I certainly can't find it?

If anyone has any other ideas i'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,

jonnyamos
28th April 2009, 06:50 PM
deffo "DJ T1000" on this release...cant remember which side though... DJ T-1000 - Liquid Metal Meltdown (10") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/DJ-T-1000-Liquid-Metal-Meltdown/release/138319)

stevee0303
29th April 2009, 01:54 AM
jonnyamos does it again:thumbsup:

Thanks very much for that, you have no idea how much time i've spent searching for anything remotely linked to that detroit techno statement.

Now i've just to get it for a decent price, unless someone has the sample knocking about?

CHoCi
20th June 2009, 11:50 AM
Thats deffo NOT T-1000 GEN002

jonnyamos
22nd June 2009, 06:51 PM
Thats deffo NOT T-1000 GEN002

...i have this record and can 100% clarify that this is the vinyl with that piece on it...although theres no part that says "are you down with the underground" but the rest certainly is...cant 100% clarify who is saying it though...ive heard its marshall jefferson but i dont suppose it matters too much....as long as the id is correct....the piece is on the side with the "gen002" logo and its right at the end of the track....bearing in mind this side plays outwards....ive upped a clip which is from a jeff mills mix from the orbit but this is exactly the same speech as what i have on vinyl...if this is the one ur after then this is the vinyl u need...hope this clears things up...;)

stevee0303
22nd June 2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Jonny,

Perfectly clear the first time but thanks for the further confirmation and sample.

I still haven't bought it on vinyl yet but downloaded the mp3 and it never had the statement at the end, which is annoying. It will be mine, haha!!!

Cheers again,