View Full Version : weird eighties sounding tune

nathan
6th February 2002, 11:23 AM
isn't really eighties is a old sasha tune that starts with a narrator saying something about "red turning to blue and passion of the rhythm" or something like that

m0u5e
6th February 2002, 12:04 PM
melodies of passion by .....er by umm :axe:

m0u5e
6th February 2002, 12:20 PM
- Andy on the Eve i do believe

Jonno
6th February 2002, 12:27 PM
"Love is an emotion we all pass through
To colour our lives from red hot to blue
This is a story of just such a case
A typical love story of the human race
Recline, rewind, forget all action
Relax and discover the melodies of passion"

Top, top, top tune.
All the tracks on the EP are fuckin ace. The cover's smart too (on the Indisc release anyhow).

VinylAnimal
6th February 2002, 06:02 PM
Lol, Jonno you big show off !!!!

J/K mate, I wish I had the original :D :D

whatyadoinsucka
6th February 2002, 06:34 PM
vinylexchange get it from time to time

and its been on ebay recently

£15 plus

Jonno
6th February 2002, 11:20 PM
VinylExchange had it in last time I was in. The USA label release for £15 (exactly the same tracks but plain cover). It was in the Baleric section, which is a section most people seem to overlook.
IMO, Melodies of Passion was the only decent house track to come out of France until the Triangle label started releasing stuff in about 96.
I don't know how much truth is in it, but the rumour that used to get bandied about in 90-91, was that House music was banned on the radio in France to stop a repeat of the drug fueled scenes witnessed in Blighty. Probably a load of crap but there you go. Beebok might know more.

VinylAnimal
7th February 2002, 01:16 AM
Lol, never knew it was French to be honest mate !! Was the vocal originally done in French ??

Just thinking it might be interesting to see the vocal in it's native language (now that we got translation facilities for free ;) lol

Go on Beebok m8, give it a go.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(and we'll know you're taking the piss if the words "Joe Le Taxi" creep into the translation :D heheheh)

m0u5e
7th February 2002, 02:12 PM
(and we'll know you're taking the piss if the words "Joe Le Taxi" creep into the translation heheheh)
LMAO @ that ^ V.A you are a nutter!