PDA

View Full Version : 15 year Trance Album Search

AcID MatriX
3rd February 2009, 12:40 PM
in 1995-96, a friend introduced me to the Trance Genre. It was a 2 disc compilation album. If I was still friends with them, I'd ask them what it was, but they are lost in my past now.

It was a 2 disc set, I know it was released prior to 1997, just not sure when exactly. My guess is between 1993-1997. Each disc had it's own title.

I think disc 1 was called 'Waiting for the Rain' and disc 2 was called 'After the Storm', however my memory is not what it used to be. They could be called Waiting for the Storm and After the Rain.

The first track from disc 1? (I think it was disc 1) had a bass hit, set to the rythm of a heart beat, then a note fading in, and changing pitch higher, then changing pitch lower and fading out. the track got a little more complicated, but that bass hit heartbeat rythm is definately the defining sound.

I think the first disc was between 12-15 tracks, and the second disc was 17-22 tracks.

I'd know the first track the moment I heard it, but in all my years of searching, I've never come across it. I wish I had had the foresight to remember the track titles, rather than the disc titles. or even the album title.

If anyone has any Idea what this album was called, or approximate year it was released, I'd much appreciate it. any information that could help me narrow my searches will be welcomed.

C14ru5
3rd February 2009, 01:36 PM
Could this be it?

The Spirit Of Wandjina (http://www.discogs.com/release/616)

AcID MatriX
4th February 2009, 07:28 AM
I LOVE YOU!!! in a totally plutonic way, don't get any ideas :p
My search is finally over. Thank you So much!!! You are awesome! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!