PDA

View Full Version : Sasha 92 ID - BG The Prince Of Rap.... Or Is It?

jonny_the_boy
15th January 2009, 07:18 AM
Folks

I'm doing another one of my [slightly obsessive] ableton mix reconstructions. This time it's the Sasha Bedroom / Studio 92 mix (St Ettiene, New Jack Hustler, Simply Red and all that).

Now everywhere I've seen track lists for the mix they've id the attached file as "BG The The Prince of Rap - This Beat Is Hot (when you feel the heat, your getting closer, your so hot)"

Now I've checked all over the shop to see if I can track down the correct mix of this and have drawn a blank. Beginning to think that it may not be this tune after all...

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much in advance,

jonny

Mojo
17th January 2009, 08:05 PM
Ive been looking for this for years, ive spent more money buying `the beat is hot` with a million mixes but not the one your on about.

It does make me wonder if the tracklist is wrong.

I`ll be keeping an eye on this thread as ive got most of the tunes from `Sashas Soundfactory`, which is similar but the tape we had was done real slow, now i cant listen to it at the proper speed, top chillout tape now.

jonny_the_boy
17th January 2009, 10:43 PM
Mojo

This is sending me almost spare trying to work out what the hell it is. I tracked down and listened to every ****ing mix of BG The Prince Of Rap and can categorically say it's none of them.

Got a feeling it might be T.K. Roberts - "Closer To My Heart" (http://www.discogs.com/release/263909) but have no way of telling for sure at the moment - can find much in the way of any reference to it anywhere on the web. Anyone here got a copy?

I've contacted one of the sellers on dicogs to ask if this is what we're after and will let you know if they get back to me.

Even thought about getting in touch with Sasha himself!

And so it continues...

jonny_the_boy
19th January 2009, 04:34 PM
Got a reply back from one of the chaps on the discogs market place and my suspicions were correct, it's the T.K. Roberts track, dub mix on the flip side!

Kudos to girthdevon on discogs!!!

My copy's on it's way...