PDA

View Full Version : easygroove nye 93/94

Raoul Moore
9th January 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi guys, I have come across this set on youtube and was hoping some one knows the banging acid tune at 3:34.

Thanks for any help.

YouTube - Easygroove Obsession 1993/94 nye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyVpPATeT3c)

Raoul Moore
17th January 2009, 02:56 PM
time to bump but with a question does anyone think this could be a underground level recording or maybe labworks?

C14ru5
17th January 2009, 06:45 PM
I have a pretty large Labworks collection and I don't recognize it, but Labworks is not a bad guess. It may be a tune by Cellblock X that I haven't heard before, but my gut feel still says no. It's don't think it's Nervous Project or Colone, since their bassdrum sounds are typically much thinner.

My best guess is maybe some early stuff by Alici - I also remember hearing similar tunes in PCP's livesets. I don't know anything about Underground Level Recordings, so I can't help you there.

Raoul Moore
19th January 2009, 01:03 PM
thanks C14ru5 i will check out some alici and pcp stuff to see if it is either of them.

Raoul Moore
25th February 2009, 02:14 PM
I havent been able to confirm this yet but some one has ideed this track as the b-side on this

Charley Lownoise & Mental Theo* - The Bird (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Charley-Lownoise-Mental-Theo-The-Bird/release/94272)

I must say if they are right (and they seemed pretty confident) I think i need to go lie down in a dark room to get over the shock.

I never thought their would be a day i would be going to buy a charlie lownoise and mental theo record as they did not produce tunes that were my cup of tea (or so i thought) i suppose you live and learn. :thumbsup:

C14ru5
27th February 2009, 11:21 PM
I think i need to go lie down in a dark room
No need to be ashamed, we're not picking sides here. Hey, even artists like Scooter made some nice tracks back in the day that deserve to be heard, despite how the producers have been known for their ripoff tunes and cheap mainstream gimmicks.

Come on, admit that you like CL&MT. Wonderful Days is your soft spot, right? ;)

Raoul Moore
2nd March 2009, 11:19 AM
Ok C14ru5 youve got me there, wonderful days kicks happy hardcore ass, and the ultimate sex track well its like it says on the tin "ULTIMATE!!!".

I must say all joking a side i have over the years, like a lot of us, i suppose, listened to a lot of rubbish trawling through numerous record racks in various shops to find some real gems, but there are those artists you come across that you just flick straight on by and CL&MT are definately one of them. Maybe I should take my blinkers off and give some of these 12" a go, as proved above you never know whats on the other side.

C14ru5 what do you think of CL&MT live at london, classic?

:thumbsup:

C14ru5
2nd March 2009, 06:45 PM
CL&MT live at london, classic?I hadn't heard that one before. Fake crowd noises For The Win. ;)

Raoul Moore
3rd March 2009, 08:51 AM
Game, set and match :)