PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Park "hot to trot" progress mix 94 nye

jet thrust
4th January 2009, 01:49 PM
hey there, i had a wicked Graeme Park mix from progress which was part of a double tape pack, i think it was nye in 94....the second track on the greame park mix was "bounce to the beat" by Sound Design (Todd Terry)...but ive been after the very first track on the mix for soooo many years..still havent found it cause i lost the tape and cant even shazzam it or anything... it starts off with just some slow subtle deep sexy sustained hammond style organ keys and a female vocal talking i think in a foreign language, the beat kicks in pretty low key and then the female vocal builds slowly just doing some sexy type ooohing and aaahing and skitting, ah-ba-ba-baaay-ya aah-hoooy-ah...ooohhh hoooo type stuff over the beats and organ, really sexy, doesnt really have any chorus or lyrics as such cause its all forgeign....?

the mix also had tracks on it by Juliet Roberts and Sound Design as i said. i think the tape pack was graeme park and gordon kaye and had lots of little houses or pigs on the front, a la progress tape packs etc i guess if i could find the mix it would help but i cant find it on't net anywhere so im well stuck!

i may be pushing my luck here i know but its always worth a punt !!

sorry if its a bit vague, really wracking my nut trying to remember more details so sorry if its a bit crappy.

jet thrust
4th January 2009, 02:11 PM
i had a wicked Graeme Park mix from progress, think it was nye in 94..the second track was "bounce to the beat" by Sound Design (Todd Terry)...but ive been after the first track on the mix for soooo many years..still have no idea whatsoever... it starts off with some sexy style organ and a female vocal comes in just doing some sexy type ooohing and aaahing, sounds a bit foreign maybe...dunno.

needed it for years tho. classic

pissing in the wind i may be but its always worth a punt !!

im pretty sure it was progress / hot to trot...may have been Up yer Ronson too tho. was a double tape pack anyways.

Noel
6th January 2009, 02:17 PM
Wild stab in the dark as I haven't got that tape but I have a GP @ Hac from Oct '94 where he plays Basia 'Drunk On Love' (Roger's Ultimate Anthem Mix) before Sound Design 'Bounce To The Beat'. Here's a clip...

jet thrust
6th January 2009, 07:42 PM
hey, sadly not the one. cheers for the post tho, much appreciated.

Ive bought loads of old GP mix tapes off the net from around that time hoping he may have stuck it in another set so at least i could have a sound sample, no joy tho....cant find the original tape set either

thanks again tho!

mstoddy
7th January 2009, 05:31 PM
Could be be Safire - Taste the Bass

It's not foreign though, sexy bird singing oooh but it's a Morales Def mix

jet thrust
8th January 2009, 02:42 PM
hey, afraid not. cheers tho

its got a more definite 94 type house sound and tempo....the beat slowly fades in after the organ and vocal warbling and sustained strings builds the tension....im not sure if thats vague enough!!

ive just ordered a load of parky mixes inc one from hot to trot in early 95 so may have a sample soon, fingers crossed. maybe not, its like trying to find a piece of hey in a big stack of needles!!! ha

cheers!

manchester
8th January 2009, 10:04 PM
It definitely wasn't from NYE 94 - cause Parky played a four hr set at the Hacienda that night and finished his set with Brand New Heavies - 'Get Back To Love'
Not sure it would be Safire cause it's from early 90s!
He was playing quite a few latino/spanish no's during this period but many I can't quite remember- could it be River Ocean 'Love & Happiness' with that long intro mix?

DaveSmalls
26th January 2009, 04:34 PM
i dont have the answer but i used to have that tape and remember the start of it. she says something like oh me oh oh me yeah yeah oh me yeah yeah regardo for the chorus then it goes into the verse. it has steely drums in the background if i remember right, not sure if this jogs anyone's memory!!!

the guy above ur spot on about nye 94, wot a nite eh once we all finally got in, probably the only time i ever went straight into the cafe for a brew as it was p1ssing down outside!! oh how he hammered bnh and how we loved it!! aah the memories

julianw
29th January 2009, 05:16 AM
Could it be this one:
2 Deep (2) - Te Adoro (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/2-Deep-Te-Adoro/release/263865)

mp3 attached

jet thrust
16th July 2010, 01:05 AM
amazingly, still havent found this track!! man, gutted!!

cant find the tape pack either, was a double tape pack from "hot to trot", loads of pigs on the front. . . .

will post it if i find it. . . . ever. . .

cheers all

twiceage
16th July 2010, 12:52 PM
listen here: JunoPlayer (http://www.junodownload.com/ultraplayer/1335658-02-01-02.m3u?r=0&c=0&s=01-02)

Joe T. Vannelli - Voice in Harmony (Joe T. Vannelli Original Mix) , feat Csilla
Joe T. Vannelli - Voice in Harmony (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Joe-T-Vannelli-Voice-in-Harmony/release/80701)

Joe T. Vannelli featuring Csilla - Voices In Harmony (Original JTV Mix)
Joe T. Vannelli featuring Csilla - Voices In Harmony (Vinyl) at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Joe-T-Vannelli-Voices-In-Harmony/release/111972) )

same tracks...

jet thrust
19th June 2013, 01:02 PM
Joe T. Vannelli - Voice in Harmony (Joe T. Vannelli Original Mix) , feat Csilla

Its taken me years of searching for this track. . .this is the boy.

You sir / madam, are a bona fide legend!!!! Thankyou!

ace track, as good as I remember too :-)