PDA

View Full Version : Early 90's House id's

Amen
16th December 2008, 08:09 PM
HELLO PEOPLE.
Im new to the site so please bear with me.:$

There are now two house trax from around 92 that i am finding very hard to find, ID etc.
I realy hope your knowledge can fix my problem.

1st: is a house track that starts of with a female piano teacher talking to child. child says "Its working - it can play itself, and the piano teacher says "Now play your new piece for me, i'll set the metronome". it then goes into a sprno sax riff - (slightly cheesy)

2nd: is a house track that uses a vocal sample of a female saying "The only way is to be happy" - "Just have a good time". over a nice 92 style bassline, released about the same time funky guitar, floor fedearation - music for the masses, lionrock - Lionrock (A trumpet Jamboree in Edinburgh mix).

Please rack your brains and try to ID these two records, i have been lookin for around 16 years. :confused:

A Thousand Thank you's :thumbsup:

Matt Amen - sub-level

ImSm0kin1
16th December 2008, 09:24 PM
2 *maybe* this mate ...

Torfinn - I'll Nostra Tempo De La Vita / Having The Time Of Your Life (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/release/306002)

A1 I'll Nostra Tempo De La Vita

just a guess really:eyebrow:

Amen
16th December 2008, 09:48 PM
2 *maybe* this mate ...

Torfinn - I'll Nostra Tempo De La Vita / Having The Time Of Your Life (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/release/306002)

A1 I'll Nostra Tempo De La Vita

just a guess really:eyebrow:

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND,
I dont know how to thankyou, i dident think i would ever find that id, bless you sir, and merry christmas.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can anyone help with the other two please.

Thanks

Amen
17th December 2008, 02:16 AM
:(
Can anybody be as helpful as imsmokin1, and answer the last two id'd PLEASE.

Come on i know you can do this!:rolleyes:

would be ever so grateful....

Amen:wave:

ImSm0kin1
17th December 2008, 11:46 AM
it might help if you put the links back up mate:mad:

i think you maybe deleted 'em when you edited.:thumbsup:

Amen
17th December 2008, 03:37 PM
Errrrr... links:confused:

I dont think i put any links up in the first place,

Ive edited 4 tune desciptions down to 2, at the top of the page.

The first tune im after, the one with the piano teacher thing, was on the same tape as the "Torfinn - I'll Nostra Tempo De La Vita / Having The Time Of Your Life" u ideed 4 me earlyer, i think it also had an atari funny arsewipe informercial, between trax.

THANKS PEOPLE, please keep trying.:D

ImSm0kin1
17th December 2008, 11:25 PM
Amen

Errrrr... links

I dont think i put any links up in the first place

lol, neither you did. soz mate:$ ive been smoking again.

drugs are bad mmmmkay :naughty:

Amen
17th December 2008, 11:41 PM
:tonksi: No probs, after you ideeing that Torfinn track , it dont matter.
your so sound for that.

Come on people - a house track that uses a vocal sample of a female saying "The only way is to be happy" - "Just have a good time". over a nice 92 style bassline, released about the same time funky guitar, floor fedearation - music for the masses, lionrock - Lionrock (A trumpet Jamboree in Edinburgh mix).

THINK THINK :confused:

MAKE MY CHRISTMAS TUNE ID DONS! :king:

JohnnyG
12th January 2009, 12:12 PM
I think I'm looking for the same tune. It was on a Jose Padilla mixtape I got at Cafe del Mar in summer '93. There was also Satellite Serenade by Keiichi Suzuki and L'Esperanza by Sven Vath on the same tape, and an old Tricky track. The one I think we're looking for had a vocal sample (maybe from the movie Klute?) going "Just have a good time" and "The only responsibility you have to me is to enjoy yourself" and a wicked bassline. Just need a name for it now!

Amen
13th January 2009, 01:30 AM
yeah sounds about right.
i think the tape i heard it on around 93 was just a compiled 12'' tape from a friend who bought those tunes over the last 6 months of that year, not a mix tape, unless the tape you remember had floor federation - music for the masses, remix of lionrock - lion rock and i think tricky disco - tricky disco on it.
Klute you say......... i try and find the film...

thanks for your reply, we should keep in touch for when we find it.

good luck

amen.

Biskit
15th January 2009, 07:53 PM
1 ia this.. Willy The Sax - Willy The Sax (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Willy-The-Sax-Willy-The-Sax/release/293492)

chiz
29th January 2009, 12:49 AM
2nd one could be Pleasure Box - Enjoy Yourself

Check here:
Jose Padilla - Cafe Del Mar tape (numero 21) (http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/180290)

RonH
1st February 2009, 01:16 AM
HELLO PEOPLE.
Im new to the site so please bear with me.:$

There are now two house trax from around 92 that i am finding very hard to find, ID etc.
I realy hope your knowledge can fix my problem.

1st: is a house track that starts of with a female piano teacher talking to child. child says "Its working - it can play itself, and the piano teacher says "Now play your new piece for me, i'll set the metronome". it then goes into a sprno sax riff - (slightly cheesy)

2nd: is a house track that uses a vocal sample of a female saying "The only way is to be happy" - "Just have a good time". over a nice 92 style bassline, released about the same time funky guitar, floor fedearation - music for the masses, lionrock - Lionrock (A trumpet Jamboree in Edinburgh mix).

Please rack your brains and try to ID these two records, i have been lookin for around 16 years. :confused:

A Thousand Thank you's :thumbsup:

Matt Amen - sub-level

Stab in the dark but the second track may be this
Funkydory - Good Time (12") at Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/Funkydory-Good-Time/release/104476)
I remember it for the funky bassline and sax but it is a bloke singing have a good time though