PDA

View Full Version : Possibly from an oldskool track (Sample ID request, with clip)

AlexWise
16th November 2008, 05:41 PM
This sample is actully from an oldskool hardcore tune, however it's the sample source I am after, not the tune ID that uses the sample.

This is from a tune called Drowning in her by 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, also known as Foul Play.
The tune samples frankie knuckles, and a few other oldskool classics, however the main melodic riff is unknown to me and is the sample I need identified.

If it's not from an oldskool recored, it could be from a movie. For me it has soundtrack quality about it, sounds like a spooky riff an 80's Stephen King movie would have in it.

Anyway, here it goes and fingers crossed...

wizbeats
17th November 2008, 12:11 AM
Hi mate, check out this track called Techno Playtime by The Black Dog:turn: Deffo sampled in that track!

YouTube - The Black Dog - Techno Playtime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhy0M8X0pJk)

AlexWise
17th November 2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah that's for the strings/pad part under it which I already knew (Great tune though), what I am looking for is the melodic riff going over the top of the black dog sample.

Cheers anyway :)

AlexWise
17th November 2008, 12:40 AM
I found a better clip of it without The Black Dog sample under it, might help in the ID, and I have updated the link on the first post for it.

doolz
17th November 2008, 05:55 PM
sounds a bit like the theme from Halloween but jigged around abit