PDA

View Full Version : 2 Techno/House trackIDs 1993ish

captain_sensible
8th November 2008, 06:27 PM
Ok. I'm looking for 2 techno/house tracks from the very early 90's. No later than 1993.

The first one starts and ends with a sample of sheep baaing for about 30 seconds. After the sheep at the start a piano melody kicks in similar to the first 20 seconds of this > YouTube - MORE OLD SKOOL PIANO TRACKS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qRyc6PW-c&feature=related). The song is quite deep and thumping. Not cheesy at all. It has a vocal that sounds something like "beat beat, how low can you go, b-beat beat, how low can you go". Obviously doesn't say how low can you go but something of 5 syllables.

The second one is basically this Jimi Hendrix gutiar riff (starts at 35 seconds)> YouTube - audi jimi hendrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2YL7XfopI) and a sample from Primal Scream's 'Loaded' saying "We wanna be free to do what we wanna do". This vocal gets shifted lower in pitch as the song goes on.

These tracks appear on a compilation I had years ago. Other artists featured on it were Underworld, Eat Static, Fluke, Orbital, Capricorn, Banco De Gaia, Art of Noise and Mental Generation. So other artists of this era will be helpful. I have looked at the KLF and their various guises of this time. It's all similar stuff but not found anything yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

C14ru5
8th November 2008, 11:39 PM
The first URL has been truncated, would you mind fixing it?

captain_sensible
9th November 2008, 11:51 AM
Link fixed. Thanks.

captain_sensible
18th August 2011, 03:25 PM
Bump

captain_sensible
4th September 2011, 03:23 PM
I've identified the second track. It's Banco De Gaia - Anger! from an old tape album he did in 1992. I'm still looking for that mystery sheep track if anyone can help! I've put together the rest of the tracklist from the tape I had. Track 6 is also missing but I'm not too bothered about that one. It was a dub track with a heavy bass line and minimal drums with the only vocal being "Roll it!" if that rings a bell with anyone. The Sheep track is track 8 which is the one I'm now after.

1. Mental Generation - Cafe Del Mar
2. The Grid - Without Your Clarity I Would Still Be Bound To Gravity (The Orb's Crystal Clarity Mix)
3. Radical Dance Faction - Babylon
4. Art Of Noise - Moments In Love
5. Banco De Gaia - Shanti
6. ????
7. Orbital - Walk Now
8. Banco De Gaia - Befe
9. Banco De Gaia - Anger! (Jimi's Revenge)
10. Capricorn - 20hz
11. Fluke - Electric Guitar (Humbucker)
12. Underworld - Rez
13. Eat Static - Forgotten Rites

captain_sensible
4th September 2011, 04:56 PM
Found them both now. They were both from Banco De Gaia's "Medium" cassette album from 1991. The sheep one (not as many sheep as I thought!) is called "Befe". And the Jimi Hendrix one is called "Anger! (Jimi's Revenge)" :)

If anyone can identify the bassy dub track I'd be grateful but I don't have a sample or much to go on!

Roll it! :)