PDA

View Full Version : Get Down Tonight, 1992 Funky house

Wollywinka
8th August 2008, 09:22 PM
Anyone remember a funky house track from 1992 that samples Kc & sunshine Band - Get down tonight?
It had a funky organ bassline, pretty sure it isnt Ben Dover - Get Down Tonight, but i only have one mix of that (think there was only one mix anyway)
Sorry no clip, moved house and can't find the tape :(

soupastar
9th August 2008, 07:55 PM
not that this will be any help but i do remember the tune. Justin Robertson used to play it out all the time. It kind of was a cut up with bits of scratching in it as well. i heard him play it at sign of the times and kinky disco so must have been early 92

Anyway a mate of mine from back then had a copy on 12" and stuck it on a tape for me. the only thing i can recall was it was a bootleg label. I dont think i have the tape either anymore. If you could find sets/tapes of Justin robertson from that time maybe you could get a listening copy.

Wollywinka
10th August 2008, 08:29 PM
I think you may be refering to the ben dover track soupastar
as that has scratching,and other effects thrown in...
i found a sample of the exact track i'm after on youtube, where some has put some animation to it (taito being the character)
So can anyone please tell me the title of this track?
Heres a link :phones:
YouTube - Taito - get down tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvPp1d0_ZI)

Meltdown
10th August 2008, 08:48 PM
U want Bamboo-Bamboogie (Get Down Tonight) which is alot later than 92 but is the track in the clip

soupastar
10th August 2008, 08:56 PM
yeah that is bamboo "bamboogie" that was on Virgin or VC recordings. I actually think its Dave Lee/joey negro but i could be wrong about that

Wollywinka
10th August 2008, 09:31 PM
Nice work guys, many thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

djwilcox
11th August 2008, 08:42 PM
If you're not sure, it might be the track you originally mentioned -Ben Dover on Star Trax Vol 2 - DJ Dan used to rock it on one of his San Francisco Project mixes and I've got a copy in my collection... A pic of the label and the full track is here - YouTube - Ben Dover - Get Down Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOXEdrc0Wlc)

Wollywinka
11th August 2008, 08:57 PM
If you're not sure, it might be the track you originally mentioned -Ben Dover on Star Trax Vol 2 - DJ Dan used to rock it on one of his San Francisco Project mixes and I've got a copy in my collection... A pic of the label and the full track is here - YouTube - Ben Dover - Get Down Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOXEdrc0Wlc)

Thanks djwilcox, but track was correctly id'ed as bamboogie, i have the ben dover track in my collection , i was originally unsure if it was a mix i was unware of , but there is only one version.
Still hard to believe that 'bamboogie' was from 1998, apart from one synth sound towards the end it sounds like it came from 1992, oh well i did post this id from memory (without the tape it came from)! :wave: