PDA

View Full Version : Donna Summer's I Feel Love - But what version?

cryosome
6th August 2008, 01:31 AM
Hi,

My grandma gave me a tape called Disco Dynamite cirka 1980. It had (has, actually :)) all kinds of disco goodies from the time, but above ALL, the last track on the B side is Donna Summer's I Feel Love - one of the greatest songs ever :)

The problem is now - what version is it? I've found two versions on albums, one on the I Remember Yesterday album (on a rerelease from 1991), and the other is the 15:49 minutes mix by Patrick Cowley, and it's neither. On youtube I've found all sorts of other versions, but not this one.

As you may hear, the "instrumentation" is not the same as other versions, and the beat is sometimes sliding a bit. But THE reason I want to know what version it is is: the change in the bass sound at 3:55! It's a very small change, but, ah, oh well, you probably have tiny favourite parts in a few songs yourselves :) This change is not present in ANY other version it seems.

The quality on the sample is definitely not the best: it is recorded from the tape with audacity to flac, and then reencoded with lame to a mono mp3 with an average bitrate of 32 kpbs. Well, it's not a "sample" really, it's the whole song, since the differences may be hard to spot otherwise.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help!

Meltdown
6th August 2008, 08:31 PM
Not sure what it is but my guess is it isn't donna summer as its not her vocals

cryosome
6th August 2008, 10:09 PM
Huh, yeah, I think you're right. After your response I've listened to the "real" Donna Summer songs a bit more carefully, and I think I hear the voice difference. Hm, I guess I have to widen my search span. Thanks a bunch for the input :)

Meltdown
7th August 2008, 08:49 PM
Huh, yeah, I think you're right. After your response I've listened to the "real" Donna Summer songs a bit more carefully, and I think I hear the voice difference. Hm, I guess I have to widen my search span. Thanks a bunch for the input :)

If the year is 1980 it should narrow it down a bit but its prolly a different artist but still called I Feel Love prolly Italian me thinks